July 24, 2012
Police seek suspect in shooting of driver
Police are trying to determine who shot a woman driving on Hyacinth Avenue late Thursday.
The woman was shot in the shoulder at 10:15 p.m. while driving in the 9600 block of Hyacinth, which runs between Staring Lane and Bluebonnet Boulevard, said Baton Rouge police spokesman Cpl. L’Jean McKneely.
A passenger in the vehicle was not injured.
The 40-year-old victim drove to the Buffalo Wild Wings parking lot at 7524 Bluebonnet Blvd., McKneely said.
Witnesses called authorities, according to Casey Rayborn Hicks, a spokeswoman for the East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies responded to the call because Buffalo Wild Wings is outside the city limits.
Baton Rouge police were contacted after sheriff’s deputies secured the scene and the shooting victim was taken to a local hospital, McKneely said. The victim was treated and released.
Police have not made any arrests in the shooting or named any suspect, McKneely said.
A motive also has yet to be determined.
Anyone with information about this incident can contact police at (225) 389-4869 or Crime Stoppers at (225) 344-STOP or (225) 344-7867.
Authorities book 9 on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least nine people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Thursday and 2:30 p.m. Friday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Heather Williams, 26, 3428 Noble St., Zachary, second-offense DWI, speeding and improper lane usage.
- Andrew Peltier, 20, 4424 Newport Drive, Meroux, first-offense DWI and disobeying a red light.
- Agustin Rodriguez, 36, 13962 Azalea Park Drive, first-offense DWI, driver’s license not in possession, insurance required and failure to yield in private drive.
- Hilary Boone, 20, 610 Ursuline Drive, first-offense DWI and equipment violation.
- Kathy Brossette, 41, 16343 Coliseum Drive, first-offense DWI, motor vehicle insurance required and improper lane usage.
- Jake Browning, 19, 3415 Sandy Drive, Baker, first-offense DWI, failure to signal/improper turn and reckless operation of vehicle.
- Randy Burleson, 50, 7913 Park St., St. Ventress, first-offense DWI, equipment violation and motor vehicle insurance required.
- Troy Garrett, 22, 8425 Florida Ave., Denham Springs, first-offense DWI and equipment violation.
- Bradley Davis, 20, 404 North St., Oak Grove, first-offense DWI and improper lane usage.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.