Man booked on rape counts with juvenile
A 44-year-old Baton Rouge man accused of raping a girl under 13 last year was arrested Thursday, according to an arrest warrant.
Frank Roberts, 6407 Marionette Drive, was booked on counts of aggravated rape, East Baton Rouge Parish Prison records show.
According to the warrant, Roberts raped the girl, a family friend, at his home in August.
Roberts told the victim he would kill himself if she told anybody, according to the warrant.
The victim’s mother told authorities that her daughter contracted a sexually transmitted disease as a result of contact with Roberts, according to the warrant.
Police: Man accused of cruelty to juvenile
Baton Rouge police arrested a 30-year-old man Thursday accused of choking and beating a 6-year-old boy in his care, according to an arrest warrant.
Police said Rickey Bajoie, the live-in boyfriend of the boy’s mother, abused the victim while he was visiting his mother between May 11 and May 13, according to the warrant.
The boy’s other caregiver noticed bruises on the boy’s face, arms, chest and other parts of the body, and took pictures and called police.
The boy, interviewed by police at the Children’s Advocacy Center, identified Bajoie as the man who choked and hit him, the warrant says.
Bajoie, 8609 Ferry Road, New Roads, was booked into Parish Prison on counts of cruelty to juveniles.
on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least seven people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Thursday and 2:30 p.m. Friday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Jerome Brady, 25, 3470 Winnebago St., first-offense DWI, insurance required, possession of marijuana, license suspended or revoked and drinking in a motor vehicle.
- Cathy Byrd, 52, 17282 Thunder Road, Ponchatoula, first-offense DWI and disobeying red light.
- Johnnie Comeaux, 40, 3027 Gore Road, first-offense DWI.
- Tempestt Freeman, 21, 5715 Dutton Ave., first-offense DWI.
- Davey Kelley, 56, 23866 Edwards Road, Zachary, first-offense DWI, hit and run and failure to maintain control.
- Victor Knox, 21, 2225 College Drive, first-offense DWI, and disobeying red light.
- Kayla Wright, 22, 1406 Louisiana Ave., Baker, first-offense DWI and possession of marijuana and contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.