8 booked with DWI in EBR Parish Prison
Authorities arrested at least eight people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Thursday and 2:30 p.m. Friday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Gene Cannon, 32, 1759 Stuart Ave., second-offense DWI and seat belt violation.
- Melissa Carangi, 20, 2819 S. 16th St., Philadelphia, first-offense DWI, failure to obey a stop sign and reckless driving.
- William Eaton, 18, 22 Pale Dawn Place, The Woodlands, Texas, first-offense DWI and hit-and-run.
- Kwan Griffin, 35, 9918 Rhine Drive, second-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Phillip Hebert, 21, 404 W. Governor Miro, Lafayette, first-offense DWI, motor vehicle insurance required, drinking in a motor vehicle and stop sign yield sign violation.
- Adam Jacques, 20, 4721 Sheridan Ave., Metairie, first-offense DWI and license plate required.
- Kevin Johnson, 27, 1463 Napoleon Ave., first-offense DWI, careless driving and driver’s license suspended.
- Austin Lowry, 27, 18030 Jefferson Ridge Ave., first-offense DWI, careless driving and possession of marijuana.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225)388-0369.