Sep 18, 2013 20:35 Man shot to death in 7th Ward Man shot to death in 7th Ward Advocate staff photo by JOHN McCUSKER -- An unidentified man was shot to death in the 1800 block of North Derbigny Street in the 7th Ward, New Orleans police said Monday, September 16, 2013. Danny Monteverde| email@example.com Sept. 18, 2013 Comments A 25-year-old man was shot to death Monday afternoon in the 7th Ward, blocks away from where he allegedly killed a man last year. Officers responding about 2:20 p.m. to a shooting in the 1800 block of North Derbigny Street found Kerwin Borden behind an abandoned home around the corner in the 2400 block of Pauger Street. Borden died on the scene, said John Gagliano, the Orleans Parish Coroner’s Office’s chief investigator. Borden, on probation for possession of cocaine and wearing a home-incarceration ankle monitor, was accused of murdering a 31-year-old man in May 2012 near Pauger and North Villere streets, just across North Claiborne Avenue from where Monday’s shooting happened. He was arrested in August 2012 in College Station, Texas. Once back in New Orleans, Borden was booked with second-degree murder in the death of Christian Medrano after a witness identified him as the gunman. Prosecutors dropped those charges in December, according to court records. Police did not identify a motive or suspect in Borden’s death. Homicide Detective Gregory Hamilton is in charge of the investigation. The shooting that left Borden dead happened two blocks from where two men were shot Sept. 9 while working on a home. Jose Bardales, 30, and Moises Hernandez, 46, were shot just before noon in front of a home in the 2000 block of North Derbigny Street where they were doing electrical work, authorities said. The two men were taken to the hospital, where each later died. Bardales, of Meraux, died at 2:40 p.m. Sunday from a gunshot wound to his head, Gagliano said. Hernandez, of Houston, died at 11:48 p.m. Saturday from a gunshot wound to his abdomen. Police booked Jeremiah Jackson, 23, with two counts of first-degree murder in connection with the men’s deaths. Detectives believe a second gunman was involved in the crime and are searching for that suspect. It is unclear whether that suspect has been identified. Police have not identified a motive in the men’s death. Among other charges, Jackson was arrested in 2007 for attempted first-degree murder, police said. He had an outstanding warrant for illegal carrying of a firearm and was on parole until next year for possession of heroin. “Looking at this suspect’s criminal record, it’s nothing less than shocking that he was given opportunity after opportunity after numerous arrests, to hit the streets of our city and commit one violent crime after another,” Police Superintendent Ronal Serpas said.