- SATCHMO SUMMERFEST: 10 a.m., French Quarter, 400 N. Peters St., New Orleans, Honoring the life, legacy and music of New Orleans’ native son Louis “Satchmo” Armstrong. A wide variety of activities for music lovers including lectures and discussions at the seminar series, jazz exhibits, a jazz mass and a second-line parade, authentic New Orleans cuisine. Free. www.fqfi.org.
- GRATEFUL DEAD MEET UP SUNSHINE DAYDREAM: 7:30 p.m., AMC Elmwood Palace 20, 1200 Elmwood Park Blvd., Harahan, A Grateful Dead performance from 1972. Features appearances by the Merry Pranksters and key members of the Grateful Dead community. www.amctheatres.com.
- STAMP FEST 2013: 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Friday and Saturday; 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Sunday, La Quinta Inn, 2610 Williams Blvd., Kenner. Sponsored by the Crescent City Stamp Club. Hourly door prizes. Free. (504) 715-9538 or email email@example.com.
- BNATURAL HAIR EXPO: 1:30 p.m., Nola Spaces, 1719 Toledano St., New Orleans, nolaspaces.com.
- WHITNEY WHITE LINEN NIGHT JULIA STREET BLOCK PARTY: 6 p.m.-9 p.m., 300-700 blocks of Julia Street. After-party at Contemporary Arts Center, 900 Camp St., New Orleans. “Memoirs of the Sistahood-Chapter Four: Sacred Trails” included with party admission. $10, general admission; free, CAC members. (504) 528-3800.
- BLUE BAYOU BLISS MID-POET’S COLLEGE BENEFIT: 8 p.m., NOLA’S Finest Bar, 1355 St. Bernard Ave., New Orleans. Featuring poets Tank, Erika Murray, Bobby Toomer, Darryl Manning, Fertile Ground Poets. Proceeds from the benefit will assist students with book stipends, school supplies, and college campus essentials. (504) 940-1212.
- GABE A PALOOZA: 1 p.m., Rock’n Bowl, 3000 S. Carrollton Ave., New Orleans. Proceeds benefit cancer victim Gabriel Smira. $50. Children and students admitted free, with purchase of an adult ticket. www.rocknbowl.com.
- SUMMER REIGN ALL WHITE AFFAIR & CELEBRITY BIRTHDAY WITH NATIONAL RECORDING ARTIST DAWN RICHARD: 3 p.m., Taravella Manor, 5240 Taravella Rd., Marrero. Celebrating music, fashion, beauty and other aspects of arts and entertainment including an exclusive fashion show displaying clothing and accessories some of the best designers and companies such as Authentic Lady Collection, Madison Avenue Fashions and Baggage Boutique. (504) 331-0131 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2014 SWIMSUIT CALENDAR RELEASE GALA: 6 p.m.-8 p.m., Royal Sonesta Hotel, 300 Bourbon St., New Orleans. Food and drinks and mingling with the Saintsations cheerleading team. $40. www.saintsations.net.
the historic new orleans collection: 533 Royal St., New Orleans. Text ColorSwatch/NoneStrokeStyle/$ID/SolidText ColorSwatch/NoneStrokeStyle/$ID/SolidText ColorText ColorText ColorText ColorPipe Dreams: Louisiana under the French Company of the Indies, 1717-1731,Text ColorSwatch/NoneStrokeStyle/$ID/SolidText ColorSwatch/NoneStrokeStyle/$ID/SolidText ColorText ColorText ColorText Color through Sept. 15. Hours: 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Tuesday-Saturday and 10:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Sunday. Free.
National World War II Museum: 945 Magazine St., New Orleans. Bob Hope: An American Treasure, Saturday through June 2, 2014. nationalww2museum.org.