- WORKPLACE WELLNESS LUNCHEON: noon-1:30 p.m., Ashé Cultural Arts Center, 1712 Oretha Castle Haley Blvd., New Orleans. Featuring Chef Leah Sarris, program director for the Center for Culinary Medicine at Tulane University. Free. Registration required. (504) 569-9070.
- MEET THE AUTHOR: 5 p.m., reception; 6 p.m., presentation; 7 p.m., book signing, U.S. Freedom Pavilion: The Boeing Center, National WWII Museum, 945 Magazine St., New Orleans. Robert Edsel presents “Saving Italy: The Race to Rescue a Nation’s Treasures From the Nazis.” http://www.nationalww2museum.org.
- FIRST - THE STORY OF THE LONDON 2012 OLYMPIC GAMES: 7:30 p.m., AMC Elmwood Palace 20, 1200 Elmwood Park Blvd., Harahan. Swimmer Missy Franklin, gymnast John Orozco and other athletes talk about their life-changing experiences at the London Olympics. http://www.amctheatres.com.
- THE GREEN NATTIES - SECOND ANNUAL SUSTAINABLE BUSINESS AWARDS CEREMONY: 6 p.m., Eiffel Society, 2040 St. Charles Ave., New Orleans. Join us in celebrating the businesses and organizations building a more sustainable New Orleans. Local live music, libations including a specialty green cocktail, delicious culinary treats donated by local green restaurants, special guest speakers, video interviews with leading businesses, silent auction and, of course, awards! Cocktail attire requested. RSVP on Facebook.
- THE 16TH ANNUAL SAVE OUR LAKE & COAST FISHING RODEO: Grab your rod and reel and join the Lake Pontchartrain Basin Foundation for a weekend of fishing and family fun. Each adult ticket includes one entry into the rodeo, two tickets for the Back to the Beach Festival and Awards Presentation, a T-shirt and a one-year membership to the LPBF. Deadline to purchase tickets is 11:59 p.m. Thursday. $40, adults; $15, youths ages 15 and younger. http://www.saveourlake.org or (504) 836-2205.
- GULF COAST ADVENTURE RACING: Fontainebleau State Park, 62883 La. 1089, Mandeville. Scenic paddling on Cane Bayou, biking and hiking hardwood trails and amazing wildlife. http://www.gulfcoastadventure.com.
- INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL OF NEW ORLEANS GALA: 7 p.m.-10 p.m., First NBC Bank, 210 Baronne St., New Orleans. International cuisine and music, dance performances and other entertainment. Proceeds benefit the International School of New Orleans. $40, individuals; $75, couples. (504) 613-5726.
- WILDHOUSE FASHION: 7 p.m.-10 p.m., The House of Blues Foundation Room, 225 Decatur St., New Orleans. The WearHouse District style blog will host a cocktail event and fashion presentation with live music to benefit the Audubon Institute’s Audubon Fund. http://www.eventbrite.com.
- MEMBERS ONLY NATURE WALK AND TITIVATION: 8 a.m., Northlake Nature Center, 23135 La. 190, Mandeville. A two-hour walk through the woods. Members only. Call to find out how to join. (985) 626-1238.
- LES BON TEMPS SOIREÉ: Windsor Court Hotel, 300 Gravier St., New Orleans. Performances by Leslie Castay, Troi Bechet and more. Food, champagne, full bar. Silent and live auctions. $150 per person; $1,500 for a table of 10. http://southernrep.com.
- LES COMÉDIENS FRANÇAIS LECTURE: 6:30 p.m., Williams Research Center, 410 Chartres St., New Orleans. Presentation will feature Alfred E. Lemmon with Peter Collins, Joseph Meyer and Sarah Jane McMahon. Reservations required. (504) 523-4662.
- WEDNESDAYS ON THE POINT RIVERFRONT FESTIVAL: 6 p.m.-9 p.m., 200 Morgan St., New Orleans, riverside where the Algiers Ferry Terminal meets the levee. Live music by Bag of Donuts and Algiers Brass Band. Arts and crafts vendors and food. Free. (504) 362-6436.