- FRIDAY NIGHTS AT NOMA: 5 p.m., New Orleans Museum of Art, 1 Collins Diboll Circle, City Park, New Orleans. Artist Perspective with Mignon Faget. (504) 658-4100 or http://noma.org.
- JULIE ROBINSON RECEPTION: 6 p.m.-8 p.m., Octavia Art Gallery, 4532 Magazine St., New Orleans. Reception for the exhibition of Julie Robinson’s new paintings. http://www.octaviaartgallery.com.
- ARTIST’S RECEPTION: 6 p.m.-9 p.m., Callan Contemporary, 518 Julia St., New Orleans. Opening reception for “Creeper Lagoon” by John Folsom, on view June 1-July 27. (504) 525-0518 or http://www.callancontemporary.com.
- OPENING RECEPTION: 6 p.m.-9 p.m., Jonathan Ferrara Gallery, 400a Julia St., New Orleans. Reception for “Philadelphia,” an exhibition of artwork by Kim Alsbrooks, Drew Leshko, Alex Lukas, Erin Murray and Brian Richmond, curated by Jonathan Ferrara, on view May 29-July 27. (504) 522-5471 or http://www.jonathanferraragallery.com.
- OPENING RECEPTION: 6 p.m.-9 p.m., D.O.C.S. A Studio Gallery of Contemporary Art, 709 Camp St., New Orleans. Reception for the annual group exhibition “So Much Art, So Little Time IV,” on view until Aug. 1. (504) 524-3936.
- BENEITO’S ART: 3618 Magazine St., New Orleans. Jazz, blues and Carnival-themed oil paintings by Bernard Beneito. Gallery hours: 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Saturday. (504) 891-9170.
- CALLAN CONTEMPORARY: 518 Julia St., New Orleans. Gallery hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday. “Creeper Lagoon” by John Folsom on view June 1 through July 27. (504) 525-0518 or http://www.callancontemporary.com.
- CONTEMPORARY ARTS CENTER: 900 Camp St., New Orleans. “A Thousand Threads” by Luba Zygarewicz, through June 2. “Beyond ‘Beasts’: The Art of Court 13,” through June 16. “Brilliant Disguise: Masks and Other Transformations,” through June 16. “After You’ve Been Burned by Hot Soup You Blow in Your Yogurt” by Margot Herster, through Aug. 18. “I’m Not Lost, Just Undiscovered,” CAC Teen Board Curated Exhibition, through June 16. (504) 528-3800.
- D.O.C.S. A STUDIO GALLERY OF CONTEMPORARY ART: 709 Camp St., New Orleans. (504) 524-3936. http://www.docsgallery.com. Gallery hours: 11 a.m.-5 p.m., Tuesday-Saturday. Annual group exhibition “So Much Art, So Little Time IV,” on view June 1-Aug. 1.
- DUTCH ALLEY ARTISTS’ CO-OP: 912 N. Peters St., New Orleans. Representing 25 local artists working in fabric, glass, clay, photography, etc. Open 10 a.m.-6 p.m. daily. (504) 412-9220 or http://dutchalleyartistsco-op.com.
- THE FOUNDATION: 608 Julia St., New Orleans. Gallery hours: 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday; 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Thursday-Saturday; closed Sunday and Monday. Works by Zhang Chongguang on view through July 6. http://www.foundationgallerynola.com or (504) 568-0955.
- JEAN BRAGG GALLERY OF SOUTHERN ART: 600 Julia St., New Orleans. “Earth, Sea & Sky, Paintings of the Gulf Coast,” works by Christopher Inglis Stebly, Melissa Smith, Susie Ranager, on view through May 31. Gallery hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. (504) 895-7375 or http://www.jeanbragg.com. Free.
- LOUISIANA STATE MUSEUM-CABILDO: 751 Chartres St., New Orleans. “The Palm, the Pine and the Cypress: Newcomb Pottery of New Orleans,” major exhibition of Newcomb art pottery, through September. (504) 568-6968 or http://www.crt.state.la.us/museum/properties/cabildo.aspx.
- MARTIN LAWRENCE GALLERIES: 433 Royal St., New Orleans. Hours are 10 a.m.-6 p.m., every day. Exhibit of works by René Lalonde on view through May. http://www.martinlawrence.com or (504) 299-9055.
- THE MCKENNA MUSEUM: 2003 Carondelet St., New Orleans. “Faces of Treme,” photographs by Chandra McCormick and Keith Calhoun. (504) 586-7432.
- M.S. RAU ANTIQUES: 630 Royal St., New Orleans. “Impressionism — Influences and Impact,” paintings by Claude Monet, Pierre-Auguste Renoir, Vincent van Gogh and Jean-Baptiste Camille Corot. (504) 523-5660.
- EWCOMB ART GALLERY: Woldenberg Art Canter, New Orleans. “Pat Steir: Endless Line and Self Portrait,” through June 16. Gallery hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Tuesday-Friday and 11 a.m.-4 p.m., Saturday and Sunday. http://www.newcombartgallery.tulane.edu.
- NEW ORLEANS MUSEUM OF ART: 1 Collins Diboll Circle, City Park, New Orleans. “Portrait of Faith: John Paul II in Life and Art,” through June 16. (504) 658-4100 or http://noma.org.
- OCTAVIA ART GALLERY: 4532 Magazine St., New Orleans. Exhibition of Julie Robinson’s new paintings. http://www.octaviaartgallery.com.
- OFFSTAGE GALLERY: Slidell Little Theatre, 2024 Nellie Dr., Slidell. A one-man show of the works of Nolan Lefort titled “Eclectic Expressions” will be on view through May. (985) 326-6822.
- OGDEN MUSEUM OF SOUTHERN ART: 925 Camp St., New Orleans. “The Art and Life of William R. Hollingsworth Jr.” and “Eudora Welty: Photographs From the 1930s and ’40s,” through July 14. “When You’re Lost, Everything’s a Sign: Self-Taught Art From The House of Blues,” through July 21. Ongoing: “Walter Inglis Anderson: Selections From the Permanent Collection of the Ogden Museum of Southern Art” and “Southern Regionalists From the Permanent Collection of the Ogden Museum of Southern Art.” http://www.ogdenmuseum.org or (504) 539-9600.