- RAY NAGIN- THE GOING-AWAY PARTY: 8 p.m., Andrea’s Italian, 3100 19th St., Metairie. A comedic performance by Chris Champagne and Philip Melancon. $15. (504) 330-9117.
FRIDAY AND SATURDAY
- ‘LEND ME A TENOR’: 8 p.m., Playmakers Theater, 19106 Playmakers Road, Covington. Free champagne opening night (Friday.) (985) 893-1671.
- SWEENEY TODD: 8 p.m., Cutting Edge Theater, 747 Robert Blvd., Slidell. A 1979 musical thriller with music and lyrics by Stephen Sondheim and libretto by Hugh Wheeler. $20. http://www.cuttingedgetheater.com or (985) 640-0333.
- ‘NOISES OFF’: 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday; 2 p.m. Sunday, Rivertown Theater for the Performing Arts, 325 Minor St., Kenner. http://www.rivertowntheaters.com or (504) 461-9475.
FRIDAY AND SUNDAY
- JOEY “COCO” DIAZ: 10 p.m. Friday and 8 p.m. Sunday, La Nuit Comedy Theater, 5039 Freret St., New Orleans. Joey is a Cuban-American stand up comedian and actor, known for his roles on “My name is Earl” (as Joey), as well as “The Longest Yard” and “Taxi.” $20. http://www.nolacomedy.com.
- CABARET MONTH AT MID-CITY THEATRE: 8 p.m., Mid-City Theatre, 3540 Toulouse St., New Orleans. Harry Mayronne’s “Red Hot Blue Notes.” Parking is free and cash bar is available. $20. (504) 488-1460.
SATURDAY AND SUNDAY
- THE BUDDY HOLLY STORY: 7:30 p.m. Saturday and 3 p.m. Sunday, Jefferson Performing Arts Society, 1118 Clearview Parkway, Metairie. (504) 885-2000 or http://jpas.org.
- CABARET MONTH: 6 p.m., Mid-City Theatre, 3540 Toulouse St., New Orleans. M.I. Scoggin’s “Soiree Edith Piaf.” Parking is free and cash bar is available. $20. (504) 488-1460.
SUNDAY AND MONDAY
- AUDITIONS FOR CHAPTER TWO: 4 p.m.-5:30 p.m. Sunday and 7 p.m.-8:30 p.m. Monday, Playmakers Theater, 19106 Playmakers Road, Covington. Show runs May 10-26. Prepare for a cold read and perhaps with a preference for the part desired. (985) 893-1671.
MONDAY AND TUESDAY
- CABARET MONTH AT MID-CITY THEATRE: 7:30 p.m., Mid City Theatre, 3540 Toulouse St., New Orleans. 3X3 The One Acts. Parking is free and cash bar is available. $20. (504) 488-1460.
- CABARET MONTH AT MID CITY THEATRE: 7:30 p.m., Mid City Theatre, 3540 Toulouse St., New Orleans. Pat Bourgeois’ Debauchery. Parking is free and cash bar is available. $20. (504) 488-1460.
- CIRQUE DU SOLEIL-QUIDAM: 7:30 p.m., New Orleans Arena, Howard Ave., New Orleans. http://www.neworleansarena.com.
- SPANK!: 8 p.m. nightly with Sunday matinees at 3 p.m., Harrah’s New Orleans Theatre, 228 Poydras St., New Orleans. The show is produced by Mills Entertainment. SPANK! is not associated with, nor authorized by, author E.L. James or Vintage Press. For more information about SPANK!, visit www.spankshow.com. You must be 21 to enter the casino. $29.75-$39.75. http://www.HarrahsNewOrleans.com, http://www.ticketmaster.com or by calling (800) 745-3000.
- LATINO YOUTH THEATER PROJECT: The project seeking teenagers to take part in two weeks of afterschool theater workshops, April 1-12. Teens will develop skills in acting, creative writing, improvisational theater, performance art and public speaking. Workshops are presented by Puentes New Orleans and award-winning performance artist José Torres-Tama with support from the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Foundation. Shadowbox Theatre, 2400 Saint Claude Ave. Call (504) 821.7228.