I am excited to announce that a renovation of the historic Milton H. Latter Library (5120 St. Charles Ave.) will begin soon.
The Latter Library will be temporarily closed during the renovation beginning Wednesday with renovations scheduled to last approximately 90 days.
During the renovation, library materials that have been put on hold will be available for pickup at the nearby Nix Library (1401 S. Carrolton Ave).
One of our patrons’ most frequently asked questions is where will Latter Library’s full-time residents, Ruby and Ramona the guinea pigs, live during the work. Answer: They have made arrangements to vacation at a library staff member’s home until the renovations are complete.
FEMA presentation at Keller
Also Wednesday, beginning at 6:30 p.m. the Rosa F. Keller Library and Community Center (4300 South Broad St.), located in the Broadmoor neighborhood, will be hosting a presentation by the Federal Emergency Management Agency on the history of building elevation in New Orleans.
This presentation will explore the history of building elevation in New Orleans, including some wonderful historic photos, as well as answer the questions of why building elevation is important and how FEMA is involved in historic preservation.
At the conclusion of the presentation, there will be time for a question-and-answer session with the presenters.
For more information about library programs or renovation updates, visit our website at neworleanspubliclibrary.org. To stay informed about upcoming library events, check our Facebook page at facebook.com/neworleanspubliclibrary, and follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/nolalibrary.
Charles Brown is executive director of the New Orleans Public Library.
3014 Holiday Drive, (504) 596-2641
- COMPUTER EDUCATION SESSION: 11 a.m. daily.
- ADULT POETRY NIGHT: 5:30 p.m. Thursday.
- STORYTIME: 10:30 a.m. Tuesday; 10:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Saturday.
- TEEN DRAWING CLUB: 4 p.m. Tuesday.
913 Alvar St., (504) 596-2667
- BASIC COMPUTER TUTORING:
11 a.m. Thursday.
- CHESS MASTER BERNARD PARUN: 5 p.m. Thursday.
- STORYTIME: 10 a.m. Monday; 10:30 a.m. Saturday.
- TEEN CRAFTS AND GAMES: 2 p.m. Tuesday.
CENTRAL CITY BRANCH
2405 Jackson Ave.,
- MONDAY MORNING MOVIES: 10 a.m. Monday.
- STORYTIME: 10 a.m. Tuesday.
- GIRLZ ROCK- DIY TATTOOS: 1 p.m. Tuesday.
CHILDREN’S RESOURCE CENTER
913 Napoleon Ave.,
- STORYTIME: 10:30 a.m. Wednesday.
EAST NEW ORLEANS REGIONAL
5641 Read Blvd.,
- ANTS AT THE PICNIC CRAFT: 1 p.m. Thursday.
- HOMEWORK CLINIC: 4:30 p.m. Thursday.
- COMPUTER CLASSES: 10:30 a.m. Wednesday and Saturday.
- STORYTIME: 5 p.m. Tuesday; 1 p.m. Saturday.
725 Pelican Ave.,
- MAGICIAN IRWIN ROYES: 11 a.m. Thursday.
- FAMILY MOVIES: 10:30 a.m. Saturday.
- TEEN GAME NIGHT: 2 p.m. Saturday.
- PLANTING THE SEED OF READING: 11 a.m. Tuesday.
KELLER LIBRARY AND COMMUNITY CENTER
4300 S. Broad St.,
- SHEKER WORKSHOP: 3 p.m. Thursday and Friday.
- CITIZENSHIP CLASS: 10 a.m. Saturday.
- COMPUTER TUTORING: 10 a.m. Saturday, by appointment.
- STORYTIME FOR TODDLERS AND BABIES: 10:30 a.m. Monday.
- ENGLISH CONVERSATION CIRCLE: 6 p.m. Tuesday.
- ZUMBA!: 6 p.m. Tuesday.
- SPANISH CONVERSATION CIRCLE: 6 p.m. Wednesday.
1611 Caffin Ave.,
- DIY CRAFTS: All day Monday- Friday.
- DIG INTO STORY TIME AND CRAFT: 10 a.m. Wednesday.
5120 St. Charles Ave.,
- FRIENDS OF NEW ORLEANS PUBLIC LIBRARY BOOK SALE: 10 a.m. Wednesday and Saturday.
- STORYTIME:10:30 a.m. Tuesday and 6 p.m. Wednesday.
3700 Orleans Ave.,
- WETLANDS EXPRESS: 2:30 p.m. Thursday.
- STORY WITH CRAFT: 10:30 a.m. Tuesday.
1401 S. Carrollton Ave.,
- LET’S DIG FOR PIRATE TREASURE: 3:30 p.m. Thursday.
NORMAN MAYER BRANCH
3001 Gentilly Blvd.,
- BOOK LOVERS CLUB: 4:30 p.m. Thursday.
- OPEN TECHNOLOGY Q&A: 10 a.m. Monday.
- FREE NUTRITION CLASSES: 1 p.m. Monday.
- MONDAY AFTER SCHOOL MOVIE: 4 p.m. Monday.
- TABLETOP GAMES: 4 p.m. Tuesday.
- STORYTIME AND CRAFT: 5:30 p.m. Tuesday; 10:30 a.m. Wednesday.
6301 Canal Blvd.,
- PRESCHOOLERS’ STORYTIME: 11 a.m. Thursday.
- TEEN CRAFT: 5 p.m. Thursday.
- TEEN POTLUCK BOOK CLUB: 3 p.m. Saturday.
219 Loyola Ave.,
- BOOK PARADE: 10:30 a.m. Saturday.
- CRAFTS WITH MISS ANDREA: 1 p.m. Saturday.
- VIDEO GAME DAY: 2 p.m. Saturday.