I am pleased to announce that on Saturday the Cita Dennis Hubbell branch of the New Orleans Public Library will celebrate its reopening in its original location at 725 Pelican Ave. in Algiers Point.
After an extensive renovation, we are marking the reopening with a grand opening community celebration for the whole neighborhood.
The celebration offers library tours, games, face painting, crafts with Confetti Kids and more throughout the day. Events include: Storytime with Miss Domonique at 10:30 a.m., Calliope Puppets Performance at 11 a.m. and an author talk and book signing with food writer Poppy Tooker at 1 p.m.
Rick Trolsen and Friends will play at 2 p.m., and Egg Yolk Jubilee perform and close out the events at 3 p.m.
This library first opened Dec. 28, 1907, and was one of five libraries in New Orleans established with money from Andrew Carnegie.
Now that the Cita Dennis Hubbell Branch has been reopened in its original location, it will continue its legacy as an integral part of this community and will always be cited as an inspiring example of the dedication and love this community has for its library. I hope you will join us for this exciting celebration!
NEW ORLEANS PUBLIC LIBRARIES
3014 Holiday Drive,
- COMPUTER EDUCATION SESSION: 11 a.m. daily.
- GEOLOGIST GUEST SPEAKER: 11 a.m. Thursday.
- ALGIERS REGIONAL ANIME CLUB FOR ADULTS: 5 p.m. Thursday.
- STORYTIME: 10:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Saturday; 10:30 a.m. Tuesday.
- ALGIERS REGIONAL’S FIRST BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION: 12:30 p.m. Saturday.
- DIY PUPPET MAKING-PUT ON A PUPPET SHOW FOR KIDS: 2 p.m. Saturday.
- TEEN ANIME CLUB: 2 p.m. Saturday.
- LIZARD CRAFT: 2 p.m. Tuesday.
- TEEN DRAWING CLUB: 4:30 p.m. Tuesday.
- KIDS CHECK OUT A BOOK AND WIN A PRIZE: all day Wednesday.
913 Alvar St.,
- CHILDREN’S STORY TIME & ACTIVITY: 10:30 a.m. Thursday.
- BASIC COMPUTER TUTORING: 11 a.m. Thursday.
- STORYTIME: 10:30 a.m. Saturday; 10 a.m. Monday.
- DIY GLITTER TATTOOS: 2 p.m. Tuesday.
CENTRAL CITY BRANCH
2405 Jackson Ave.,
- DIY SILKSCREEN PRINTING: 1 p.m. Friday.
- MONDAY MORNING MOVIES: 10 a.m. Monday.
- STORYTIME: 10 a.m. Tuesday.
CHILDREN’S RESOURCE CENTER
913 Napoleon Ave.,
- COLLABORATIVE STORY TIME WITH LA. PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA: 10:30 a.m. Thursday.
- CRAFT: 11 a.m. Monday.
- ENERGY EDUCATION WORKSHOPS: 11 a.m. Tuesday.
- STORYTIME: 10:30 a.m. Wednesday.
EAST NEW ORLEANS REGIONAL
5641 Read Blvd.,
- PIRATE TREASURE CHEST CRAFT (WITH BURIED TREASURE): 1 p.m. Thursday.
- HOMEWORK CLINIC: 4:30 p.m. Thursday.
- COMPUTER CLASSES: 10:30 a.m. Saturday and Wednesday.
- STORYTIME: 1 p.m. Saturday; 5 p.m. Tuesday.
- BUGMOBILE: 1:30 p.m. Monday.
- FREE HIV TESTING: 3 p.m. Wednesday.
- HIV WORKSHOP: 4:30 p.m. Wednesday.
725 Pelican Ave.,
- FAMILY MOVIES: 10:30 a.m. Saturday.
- TEEN MOVIES: 2 p.m. Saturday.
KELLER LIBRARY AND COMMUNITY CENTER
4300 S. Broad St.,
- COOKING AS A FAMILY: 5:30 p.m. Thursday.
- READING TO ROVER: 6 p.m. Thursday
- CITIZENSHIP CLASS: 10 a.m. Saturday.
- COMPUTER TUTORING: 10 a.m. Saturday, by appointment.
- STORYTIME FOR TODDLERS AND BABIES: 10:30 a.m. Monday.
- COOKING FOR TEENS: 5:30 p.m. Monday.
- TEEN MOVIE NIGHT: 5 p.m. Tuesday.
- ENGLISH CONVERSATION CIRCLE: 6 p.m. Tuesday.
- ZUMBA!: 6 p.m. Tuesday.
- BUGMOBILE: 1:30 p.m. Wednesday.
- CRAFTACULAR FOR ADULTS: 5 p.m. Wednesday.
- SPANISH CONVERSATION CIRCLE: 6 p.m. Wednesday.
1611 Caffin Ave.,
- DIY CRAFTS: all day Thursday, Friday and Monday- Wednesday.
- KIDS’ CRAFT: 2 p.m. Thursday.
- BUGMOBILE: 1:30 p.m. Friday.
- REWRITE — A WRITING WORKSHOP: 11 a.m. Tuesday.
- DIG INTO STORY TIME AND CRAFT: 10 a.m. Wednesday.
- REDBALL EXPRESS, WWII MUSEUM “VICTORY GARDEN”: 10:30 a.m. Thursday.
- FRIENDS OF NEW ORLEANS PUBLIC LIBRARY BOOK SALE: 10 a.m. Saturday and Wednesday.
- FAMILY MOVIE: 2 p.m. Sunday.
- STORYTIME: 2 p.m. Sunday, 10:30 a.m. Tuesday and 6 p.m. Wednesday
- TOASTMASTERS: 5 p.m. Monday.
- LET’S TALK HAIKU: 6 p.m. Monday.
- KIDS’ CRAFT: 5:30 p.m. Wednesday.
- TEEN CRAFT: 5 p.m. Friday.
- MOVIE NIGHT: 5:30 p.m. Saturday.
- STORY WITH CRAFT: 10:30 a.m. Tuesday.
- LET’S DIG FOR EGYPTIAN RELICS: 3:30 p.m. Thursday.
- STORYTIME: 5:30 p.m. Wednesday.
- WRITING WORKSHOPS LED BY YOUTHS (AGES 12-17): 5:30 p.m. Thursday.
- COMIC BOOK WEEK: All day, Monday-Wednesday.
- OPEN TECHNOLOGY Q&A: 10 a.m. Monday.
- FREE NUTRITION CLASSES: 1 p.m. Monday.
- MOVIES FOR TEENS: 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. Monday and Wednesday.
- TABLETOP GAMES: 4 p.m. Tuesday.
- STORYTIME AND CRAFT: 5:30 p.m. Tuesday; 10:30 a.m. Wednesday.
- CRAFTERNOON FOR TEENS: 3 p.m. Wednesday.
- PRESCHOOLERS’ STORYTIME: 11 a.m. Thursday.
- GARDEN PROJECT: 11:30 a.m. Thursday.
- TEEN HOMEWORK HELPER DATABASE TUTORING: 5 p.m. Thursday.
- STORYTIME: 2 p.m. Saturday.
- SHARK TEETH: 10:30 a.m. Monday.
- LONGUE VUE GARDENS, “LEAPING LIZARDS”: 11 a.m. Thursday.
- UNDERGROUND FILM FESTIVAL: 10 a.m. Saturday.
- BOOK PARADE: 10:30 a.m. Saturday.
- CRAFTS WITH MISS ANDREA: 1 p.m. Saturday.
- DINOSAUR PARTY: 2 p.m. Saturday.
- GLBTQ&A BOOK CLUB: 4 p.m. Monday.
- REDBALL EXPRESS, WWII MUSEUM “VICTORY GARDEN”: 10:30 a.m. Wednesday.
- DIY SILKSCREEN PRINTING: 3 p.m. Wednesday.