The LSU Agricultural Center’s expanded food and nutrition education program has partnered with the New Orleans Public Library to provide a series of free nutrition classes for parents with young children.
The classes will be led by nutrition educator Erin Neal and will begin at 1 p.m. Monday at the Norman Mayer Branch in Gentilly, 3001 Gentilly Blvd.
The title of the nutrition series is “Nutrition and Healthy Cooking Made Easy for Parents With Young Children.”
The classes will continue at the same location and time every Monday in July: July 15, 22, and 29.
Space is limited for this program, so please contact the Norman Mayer branch at (504) 596-3100 to register.
For more information about the nutrition education program, visit neworleanspubliclibrary.org, and to stay informed about upcoming library events, like its Facebook page, facebook.com/neworleanspubliclibrary, or follow it on Twitter at twitter.com/nolalibrary.
Libraries to close for Fourth
All New Orleans Public Library locations will be closed Thursday in honor of Independence Day.
Hubbell moving home
The Hubbell Branch will be closed Friday through Tuesday and will reopen in its original location at 725 Pelican Ave., New Orleans, on Wednesday.
Charles Brown is executive director of the New Orleans Public Library.
NEW ORLEANS PUBLIC LIBRARIES
- 3014 Holiday Drive, (504) 596-2641
- COMPUTER EDUCATION SESSION: 11 a.m. daily.
- STORYTIME: 10:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Saturday; 10:30 a.m. Tuesday.
- TEEN CRAFT-ROCK CANDY: 2 p.m. Monday.
- KIDS CHECK OUT A BOOK AND WIN A PRIZE: all day Tuesday.
- ENERGY EDUCATION WORKSHOP: 2 p.m. Tuesday.
- CHESS CLUB FOR TEENS: 4 p.m. Tuesday.
- COLLABORATIVE STORYTIME WITH LA. PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA: 2 p.m. Wednesday.
- 913 Alvar St., (504) 596-2667
- STORYTIME: 10:30 a.m. Saturday; 10 a.m. Monday.
- IRWIN ROYES, WORLD’S SMALLEST MAGICIAN: 11 a.m. Monday.
- TEEN PROGRAM: 2 p.m. Tuesday.
CENTRAL CITY BRANCH
- 2405 Jackson Ave., (504) 596-3110
- ENERGY EDUCATION WORKSHOPS: 10 a.m. Monday.
- MONDAY MORNING MOVIES: 10 a.m. Monday.
- STORYTIME: 10 a.m. Tuesday.
- QUIZ SHOW: 1 p.m. Tuesday.
CHILDREN’S RESOURCE CENTER
- 913 Napoleon Ave., (504) 596-2628
- STORYTIME: 10:30 a.m. Wednesday.
EAST NEW ORLEANS REGIONAL
- 5641 Read Blvd., (504) 596-0200
- COMPUTER CLASSES: 10:30 a.m. Saturday and Wednesday.
- STORYTIME: 1 p.m. Saturday; 5 p.m. Tuesday.
- REDBALL EXPRESS, WWII MUSEUM “VICTORY GARDEN”: 1:30 p.m. Tuesday.
- TEEN CRAFT: 2 p.m. Wednesday.
KELLER LIBRARY AND COMMUNITY CENTER
- 4300 S. Broad St., (504) 596-2660
- CITIZENSHIP CLASS: 10 a.m. Saturday.
- COMPUTER TUTORING: 10 a.m. Saturday, by appointment.
- TEEN CRAFT: 2 p.m. Saturday.
- STORYTIME FOR TODDLERS AND BABIES: 10:30 a.m. Monday.
- COOKING FOR TEENS: 5:30 p.m. Monday.
- ENGLISH CONVERSATION CIRCLE: 6 p.m. Tuesday.
- ZUMBA!: 6 p.m. Tuesday.
- CRAFTY STORIES: 5:30 p.m. Wednesday.
- SPANISH CONVERSATION CIRCLE: 6 p.m. Wednesday.
- 1611 Caffin Ave., (504) 596-2695
- DIY CRAFTS: all day Friday and Monday- Wednesday.
- DIG INTO STORY TIME AND CRAFT: 10 a.m. Friday and Wednesday.
- REWRITE- A WRITING WORKSHOP: 2 p.m. Friday.
- TEEN CRAFT: 2 p.m. Wednesday.
- 5120 St. Charles Ave., (504) 596-2625
- FRIENDS OF NEW ORLEANS PUBLIC LIBRARY BOOK SALE: 10 a.m. Saturday and Wednesday.
- POETRY BUFFET: 2 p.m. Saturday.
- STORYTIME: 2 p.m. Sunday, 10:30 a.m. Tuesday and 6 p.m. Wednesday
- TOASTMASTERS: 5 p.m. Monday.
- 3700 Orleans Ave., (504) 596-2654
- STORY WITH CRAFT: 10:30 a.m. Tuesday.
- 1401 S. Carrollton Ave., (504) 596-2630
- STORYTIME: 5:30 p.m. Wednesday.
NORMAN MAYER BRANCH
- 3001 Gentilly Blvd., (504) 596-3100
- DIVINE DESIGN SEWING: 10 a.m. Saturday.
- TEEN WEEKEND WORKSHOP - DIY SILKSCREEN PRINTING: 2 p.m. Saturday.
- OPEN TECHNOLOGY Q&A: 10 a.m. Monday.
- MOVIES FOR TEENS: 4 p.m. Monday.
- TABLETOP GAMES: 4 p.m. Tuesday.
- STORYTIME: 5:30 p.m. Tuesday; 10:30 a.m. Wednesday.
- CRAFTERNOON FOR TEENS: 3 p.m. Wednesday.
- 6301 Canal Blvd., (504) 596-2638
- STORYTIME: 2 p.m. Saturday.
- NOVAC SCREENWRITING SERIES: Time TBA Tuesday.
- 219 Loyola Ave., (504) 596-2560
- BOOK PARADE: 10:30 a.m. Saturday.
- CRAFTS WITH MISS ANDREA: 1 p.m. Saturday.
- VIDEO GAME DAY: 2 p.m. Saturday.
- DINO CLUB: 2 p.m. Tuesday.
- ARCHAEOLOGY IN NEW ORLEANS, WITH DR. GRAY: 4 p.m. Tuesday.