- ART IN MOTION: 11 a.m.-5 p.m., New Orleans Healing Center, 2362 St. Claude Ave., New Orleans. Indoor artist market with fine art, crafts and fashion along with live demonstrations. For more information, email email@example.com.
- PAINTINGS BY MICHAEL KESSLER: Opening reception 6-9 p.m. at Callan Contemporary art gallery, 518 Julia St., New Orleans, (504) 525-0518. Through Jan. 31. Gallery hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Tuesday-Saturday. http://www.callancontemporary.com.
- “OTHER PLANS” BY BRAD DUPUY: Opening reception 6-9 p.m. for January exhibition of surrealist acrylic paintings by native New Orleans artist Brad Dupuy at d.o.c.s., a studio gallery of contemporary art, 709 Camp St., New Orleans. Gallery hours: 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday. (504) 524-3936.
- IMMIGRANTS: A documentary film directed by Laszlo Fulop and Marline Otte. 5 p.m. in the Freeport-McMoRan Theater at the Contemporary Arts Center, 900 Camp St., New Orleans. Film, 60 minutes, followed by Q&A with filmmakers. Free. (504) 528-3800. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- INDIE PHOTOBOOK LIBRARY: Contemporary Arts Center, 900 Camp St., 11 a.m.-5 p.m. and by appointment. Pop-up exhibition is a collection of photobooks curated by Larissa Leclair, Jan Gilbert, and Russell Lord. Call (504) 528-3805 or email email@example.com.
- SALVAGE SUNDAY: 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Fatoush Restaurant, 2372 St. Claude Ave., New Orleans. Artists bring discarded materials back to life. See artists and craftspeople while enjoying an exotic belly dance brunch. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- OGDEN MUSEUM OF SOUTHERN ART: 925 Camp St., New Orleans. “CURRENTS,” a showcase of photography by the New Orleans Photo Alliance; “50 Photographs: An Iconography of Chance,” works by Tav Falco; “Something Whispered, Something Sung,” photographs by Louviere+Vanessa; “Salt & Truth,” photographs by Shelby Lee Adams. Monday. (504) 539-9600.
- CONTEMPORARY ARTS CENTER: 900 Camp St., New Orleans. “Color Fall Down,” photographs by Priya Kambli in conjunction with PhotoNOLA; “Where Do We Migrate To?”, a group show; “Rooted,” a mixed-media installation by Ben Diller; “Revolve,” sculpture by Rontherin Ratliff. Email email@example.com. (504) 528-3805 or (504) 528-3800.
- LOUISIANA STATE MUSEUM-CABILDO: 751 Chartres St., New Orleans. “The Palm, the Pine and the Cypress: Newcomb Pottery of New Orleans,” major exhibition of Newcomb art pottery, through September. (504) 568-6968 or http://www.crt.state.la.us/museum/properties/cabildo.aspx.
- M.S. RAU ANTIQUES: 630 Royal St., New Orleans. “Impressionism — Influences and Impact”: paintings by Claude Monet, Pierre-Auguste Renoir, Vincent van Gogh and Jean-Baptiste Camille Corot. (504) 523-5660.
- THE MCKENNA MUSEUM: 2003 Carondelet St., New Orleans. “Faces of Tremé,” photographs by Chandra McCormick and Keith Calhoun. (504) 586-7432.
- NEW ORLEANS MUSEUM OF ART: One Collins Diboll Circle, City Park, New Orleans. “Make Yourself at Home,” works by Jim Richard, through Feb. 24; “FOREVER” mural by Odili Donald Odita, through October; “Ida Kohlmeyer: 100th Anniversary Highlights,” through Feb. 10; “Lifelike,” through Jan. 27. (504) 658-4100 or http://noma.org
- POYDRAS CENTER: 650 Poydras St., New Orleans, “Excursions,” paintings by Alois “Al” Champagne. Free. (504) 945-2115.