- PRESCHOOL STORY TIME: 10 a.m., Albany-Springfield Library Branch, 26941 La. 43. (225) 567-1441.
- ESL CLASS: 4:30 p.m., Livingston Library Branch, 20390 Iowa St. The free conversational English class is open to non-native English speakers at all levels of ability. (225) 686-2436.
- MUSIC RECORDING SESSION: 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., Watson Library Branch, 36581 Outback Road. (225) 664-3693.
- SOUTH BRANCH BOOKIES: 5:30 p.m., South Library Branch, 23477 La. 444. Members will discuss “The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society” by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. (225) 698-3015.
- VOTER REGISTRATION WEEK: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Livingston Parish Registrar of Voters Office, 29938 S. Magnolia St., Livingston. The Department of State and the Livingston Parish Registrar of Voters Office will continue Voter Registration Week until Friday. Staff will deliver voter registration forms and information booklets to local town halls, libraries, schools and banks. Citizens can also visit the office during office hours to register to vote or to make changes to their voter registration record. Participants can also call (225) 686-3054 to get registration forms or visit geauxvote.com for more information.
- MUSIC RECORDING SESSION: 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Watson Library Branch.
- EXCEL BASICS: 10 a.m., Livingston Library Branch. The computer class is free.
- DRAG QUEEN CONTEST: 7:30 p.m., Blind River Bar on Lake Maurepas, 21700 Diversion Canal, Maurepas. The “27th Annual Miss Blind River Drag Contest” will raise funds for the Maurepas Athletic Department. The grand prize is a $500 bar tab. Bayou Bucket and the Caucasians will perform before the show at 6 p.m. The emcee will be Roland Doucet. Participants can sign up by messaging on Facebook or by signing up the night of the event. Entry fee is $50.
- MUSIC RECORDING SESSION: 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Watson Library Branch.
- VETERANS AFFAIRS: 10:30 a.m., Albany-Springfield Library Branch. Experts from the Department of Veterans Affairs will explain how to use My HealtheVet, the VA’s online personal health record. Registration is required.
- KARATE BASICS: 10:30 a.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch, 8101 U.S. 190. Instructors from Livingston Karate will teach fundamental karate basics. Participant, ages 6 to 13, will get two free lessons and one lucky participant will get one free month of lessons. Registration is required. (225) 665-8118.
- GIRL SCOUT RECRUITING EVENT: 10:30 a.m. to noon, Livingston Library Branch. Girl Scouts will hold a recruiting event to register interested girls in grades kindergarten through 12 and to educate on how to volunteer. Visit www.gsle.org.
- REFORMATION CHURCH MEETING: 10 a.m., Hampton Inn, 201 Rushing Road, Denham Springs. Reformation Church, a protestant reformed church, strives for education in the truth by a plurality of elders elected by the consent of the congregation. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- All libraries will be closed in observance of Labor Day.
- STORY TIME: 10 a.m., Watson Library Branch.
- STORY TIME: 10 a.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch.
- FREE TO READ: 10 a.m., Watson Library Branch. Children can celebrate Banned Books Week by helping perform classic and often challenged books such as “Where the Wild Things Are,” “The Story of Little Babaji” and poems from “A Light in the Attic.” Banned Books Week highlights banned books while encouraging patrons to exercise their right to read without censorship.
- EXCEL BASICS: 2 p.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch. The computer class is free, but registration is required.
- TEEN ANIME CLUB: 6 p.m., Livingston Library Branch. Members will watch and discuss anime and manga while learning about Japanese culture.
- ELEMENTARY ART CLASS: 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., South Live Oak Elementary School, room 602, 8400 Cecil Drive, Watson. Students in grades second through sixth, will focus on the elements of art and principles of design. They should bring a No. 2 pencil and a drawing pad. The cost is $40 for members of the Arts Council of Livingston Parish and $45 for guests. To enroll, call (225) 954-2700.
- C.H.I.L.P.: 6:30 p.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch. The Citizens for Highways and Infrastructure in Livingston Parish will meet to listen to State Rep. Sherman Mack, who represents District 95. He will give an update on the U.S. 190 Widening Study and more. Email email@example.com or visit chilp.us for more information.
- LIBRARY GIVEAWAY: Livingston Parish Library will celebrate Library Card Sign Up Month by hosting an online giveaway starting Tuesday. Participants can enter by visiting mylpl.info, clicking on the banner and either liking the Facebook page, following on Twitter or commenting on the website post. The prize is a coffee mug or a stainless steel water bottle. Winners will be drawn Sept. 6, 13, 20 and 27. The deadline to enter is 11 p.m. Sept. 26. Winners must be 18 years or older, provide a valid email address and be able to pick up their prize.
- ADULT BOOK CLUB: 10 a.m., Albany-Springfield Library Branch. Members will discuss “Still Alice” by Lisa Genova.
- STORIES, SONGS AND MORE: 10 a.m., Livingston Library Branch.
- STORY TIME: 10 a.m., South Library Branch.
- AUTISM NETWORK GROUP: 6:30 p.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch. The Livingston Parish Autism Network Group meets the first Wednesday of the month.
- PRESCHOOL STORY TIME: 10 a.m., Albany-Springfield Library Branch.
- ALZHEIMERS RESOURCES 101: 10 a.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch. Alzheimer’s Services representatives will lead free, supportive workshops for caregivers and individuals with dementia each Thursday in September. This week’s workshop will address dementia care. Registration is required.
- ESL CLASS: 4:30 p.m., Livingston Library Branch. The free conversational English class is open to non-native English speakers at all levels of ability.
- MUSIC RECORDING SESSION: 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., Watson Library Branch.
- YOUNG WRITERS CLUB: 5 p.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch.
- OPEN MIC NIGHT: 5:30 p.m., Watson Library Branch.
- ADULT WRITERS CLUB: 6:30 p.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch.