- PRESCHOOL STORY TIME: 10 a.m., Albany-Springfield Library Branch, 26941 La. 43. (225) 567-1441.
- ESL CLASS: 4:30 p.m., Livingston Library Branch, 20390 Iowa St. The free conversational English class is open to non-native English speakers at all levels of ability. (225) 686-2436.
- HAPPY BIRDS CRAFTING AND GAME NIGHT: 6 p.m., Watson Library Branch, 36581 Outback Road. (225) 664-3693.
- PUBLISHER BASICS: 10 a.m., Livingston Library Branch. The computer class is free.
- SENIOR DANCE: 6 p.m. to 10 p.m., Senior Center, 949 Government Drive, Denham Springs. The Livingston Council on Aging will hold an “End of the Summer Dance” for seniors. Cliff Nickens will play live music. The dance will also have refreshments, including coffee, tea and water. Alcoholic beverages are prohibited. The cost is $6 per person or $10 per couple.
- CRUISER’S ON A MISSION CAR SHOW: 8 a.m. to 11 a.m., Sam’s, 201 Bass Pro Blvd., Denham Springs. Southside Baptist Church will hold an open car show to raise funds for its Nicaragua Mission Trip. The show is open to all makes, models and years and will have several award categories. Registration will cost $25 before the show and $30 at the gate. Barbecue chicken dinners and soda will also be sold for $7. Those who register will get a free dinner. Mail registration to Southside Baptist Church, P.O. Box 1206, Denham Springs, LA 70726. For more information, call (225) 241-4886 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WATSON QUILTERS: 9 a.m. to noon, Watson Library Branch. The club meets on the second and fourth Saturdays of each month. The meetings are open to the public.
- CONCESSION STANDS AUCTION: 9 a.m., Livingston Parish Fair office, 19125 Florida Blvd., Livingston. The 76th Livingston Parish Fair will auction off the concession stands and kitchen. (985) 974-0964.
- DUTCH OVEN COOKING CLASS: 10 a.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch, 8101 U.S. 190. A representative from Bass Pro will discuss Dutch oven cooking, how to take care of Dutch ovens and give out samples. Registration is required by calling (225) 665-8118.
- BUTTON TREE CLASS: 10 a.m., South Library Branch, 23477 La. 444. Patrons, ages 18 and older, can learn to paint a tree on canvas and decorate it with buttons. The library will have the supplies. Registration is required by calling (225) 698-3015.
- WOW VOLUNTEER MEETING: 10 a.m., Women Outreaching Women, Inc. office, 26876 4-H Club Road, Denham Springs. WOW, a nonprofit organization operating a 24-hour crisis hotline and an emergency shelter in Livingston Parish for women and children fleeing domestic violence, will hold a meeting for those interested in volunteering. (225) 791-3940.
- PRINCESS TEA PARTY: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Abundant Life Church Outreach Center, 206 Edgewood Drive, Denham Springs. The church will host its 4th annual “God’s Little Princess Tea Party” for girls, 3-year-olds to 6th graders. The party will have tea, treats, activities, games, gifts and a Royal Story Teller. Tickets are $10 each. For tickets, call (225) 665-7000 or visit Alcfamily.com.
- ROCK, ROLL & RESCUE: 2 p.m. to 8 p.m., Burning Lotus Tattoo, 5 Star Printing and Whitney Bank parking lots, Florida Boulevard near the corner of Range Avenue, Denham Springs. “The Livingston SPCA Rock, Roll & Rescue” car show will feature classic cars, modified late-model cars, motorcycles and ATV’s. It will also feature a “Pin Up & Paws” contest where contestants dress in ‘50s attire along with their four-legged friends; live music from Big River Express; vendors; an agility course for dog owners and their dogs; children’s activities; and prize drawings. Registration is $25 on the day of the event and $20 before the event. Forms can be found on livingstonspca.com or on Facebook at SPCA Rock Roll & Rescue.
- CLASS OF ‘83 REUNION: 7 p.m. to 10 p.m., Wholly Grounds, 28245 Old South Walker Road, Walker. The Walker High School Class of 1983 will hold their 30th reunion. The cost is $25 per person. (225) 252-2484.
- SEIZE THE BEAUTY PAGEANT: Walker Freshman High School Auditorium, 13443 Burgess Ave., Walker. All proceeds from the all-natural pageant will benefit the Kathleen “Kat” Bailey Scholarship. Each contestant will get a crown. The attire is denim wear. The entry fee is $125. (225) 933-9514.
- VOTER REGISTRATION WEEK: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Livingston Parish Registrar of Voters Office, 29938 S. Magnolia St., Livingston. The Department of State and the Livingston Parish Registrar of Voters Office will hold Voter Registration Week starting Monday. Staff will deliver voter registration forms and information booklets to local town halls, libraries, schools and banks. Citizens can also visit the office during office hours to register to vote or to make changes to their voter registration record. Participants can also call (225) 686-3054 to get registration forms.
- BABY AND TODDLER STORY TIME: 9:45 a.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch.
- PRESCHOOL STORY TIME: 10:30 a.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch.
- EMAIL BASICS: 6:30 p.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch. Call the library to register for this free computer class.
- STORY TIME: 10 a.m., Watson Library Branch.
- STORY TIME: 10 a.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch.
- INTERMEDIATE INTERNET: 2 p.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch. The computer class is free, but registration is required.
- EXCEL BASICS: 2 p.m., South Library Branch. The computer class is free.
- JUST DANCE: 6 p.m., Livingston Library Branch. Teen patrons can play Just Dance 4 using the Xbox Kinect.
- TEEN ADVISORY BOARD: 6 p.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch. The board suggests programs, volunteers at the branch and helps choose books for the Young Adult section.
- SCIFI BOOK CLUB: 6 p.m., Livingston Library Branch.
- MUSIC RECORDING SESSION: 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Watson Library Branch.
- WORD BASICS: 10 a.m., Albany-Springfield Library Branch. The computer class is free.
- STORIES, SONGS AND MORE: 10 a.m., Livingston Library Branch.
- STORY TIME: 10 a.m., South Library Branch.
- ALZHEIMER’S CAREGIVER NETWORK: 6 p.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch.
- PRESCHOOL STORY TIME: 10 a.m., Albany-Springfield Library Branch.
- ESL CLASS: 4:30 p.m., Livingston Library Branch. The free conversational English class is open to non-native English speakers at all levels of ability.
- MUSIC RECORDING SESSION: 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., Watson Library Branch.
- SOUTH BRANCH BOOKIES: 5:30 p.m., South Library Branch. Members will discuss “The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society” by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows.