- GREEN CLEANING SUPPLIES: 10 a.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch, 8101 U.S. 190. Celebrate Earth Day by making green, all-purpose cleaners with natural ingredients. Registration is required. (225) 665-8118.
- PRESCHOOL STORY TIME: 10 a.m., Albany-Springfield Library Branch, 26941 La. 43. (225) 567-1441.
- ESL CLASS: 4:30 p.m., Livingston Library Branch, 20390 Iowa St. The conversational English class is open to non-native English speakers at all levels of ability. (225) 686-2436.
- SOUTH BRANCH BOOKIES: 5:30 p.m., South Library Branch, 23477 La. 444. (225) 698-3015.
- DISTRICT 95 MEETING: 6 p.m., Town Hall, 20550 Circle Drive, Livingston. State Rep. Sherman Mack invites his District 95 constituents to ask questions and share views on the 2013 Legislative Session.
- GREEN CLEANING SUPPLIES: 10 a.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch. Celebrate Earth Day by making a green, all-purpose cleaner that contains natural ingredients. Registration is required.
- FLOWER GARLAND WORKSHOP: 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Hummell Street Gallery, 133 Hummell St., Denham Spring. The Arts Council of Livingston Parish will host a “Flower Garland Vintage Junkie Workshop” designed by artist Shelly Frederic. Participants will use vintage paper, old fabric and trim, buttons and crystals to make a hanging garland. The fee is $45. Registration is required as space is limited. (225) 664-1168.
- COMPUTER BASICS: 6 p.m., Watson Library Branch, 36581 Outback Road. The computer class is free. (225) 664-3693.
- FREE CYCLE: 10 a.m. to noon, Albany-Springfield Library Branch. Patrons can honor Earth Day by going to the library’s “Free Cycle” event, which will have gently-used items for free. Some items include home decor, cookware and toys.
- GROWING IN GRACE: 7 p.m., Unity Prayer Center, 28145 Frost Road, Livingston. “Growing in Grace” will feature Beatrice Nero and Wendy Taylor as guest speakers. It will continue at 9:30 a.m. Saturday. (225) 939-3970 or (225) 252-4761.
- WATSON QUILTERS: 9 a.m. to noon, Watson Library Branch. The group is open to the public.
- SPRING FESTIVAL: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Denham Springs Antique District, Range Avenue between Centerville Street and Florida Boulevard, Denham Springs. The festival will have more than 150 booths featuring local and regional vendors showcasing crafts, antiques and art. It will also have free children’s rides from the Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Department, a military exhibit and live entertainment. http://www.denhamspringsantiquedistrict.com.
- DOG WASH FUNDRAISER: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., LuLu’s Groom and Board, 19096 Florida Blvd., Albany. All proceeds from the Fourth annual Dog Wash fundraiser and pet adoption will go to the Tangi Humane Society. A bath and nail filing is $5 to $10. A nail filing and ear cleaning is $5. (225) 304-9342.
- BENEFIT FOR KALIYAH MILTON: 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Friendship Community Benefit Center, corner of Walker North Road and Springfield Road. The benefit will raise funds for Kaliyah Milton. (225) 788-2157 or (225) 243-5767.
- WOW VOLUNTEER MEETING: 10 a.m., Women Outreach Women office, 26876 4-H Club Road, Denham Springs. Women Outreaching Women is a nonprofit organization operating a crisis hotline and an emergency shelter for women and children fleeing family violence. Anyone interested in volunteering for WOW is invited to the volunteer meeting. (225) 791-3940.
- BLESSING OF THE FLEET: 1 p.m., Warsaw Marina, 31803 Tetanne Drive, Springfield. The 12th annual “Blessing of the Fleet Festival” will have an auction, raffles and music by Henry/Mitch. All proceeds will go to the Springfield Fire Department.
- SONGWRITERS CIRCLE: 2 p.m., Watson Library Branch. Patrons can bring instruments and play songs while the Songwriters Circle group gives them tips and critiques. Songwriting is strongly encouraged, but patrons can participate by playing nonoriginal songs.
- ANGELA WOLFE IN CONCERT: 6 p.m., Higher Destiny Church, 600 Florida Blvd., Denham Springs. Angela Wolfe, a blues singer, and the Soul Salvage Project will perform at a free concert.
- INTERMEDIATE WORD: 10 a.m., Livingston Library Branch and 2 p.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch. The computer class is free. Registration is required for the class at the Denham Springs-Walker branch.
- WHY AM I DISORGANIZED?: 6:30 p.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch. Alyssa Trosclair, a professional organizer from Centsibly Organized, will discuss the reasons people become disorganized. Registration is required.
- E-MAIL BASICS: 2 p.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch. Registration is required for this free computer class.
- ANIME MOVIE NIGHT: 5:30 p.m., South Library Branch. Teen anime and manga lovers will watch and discuss anime and manga while learning about Japanese culture. Call the library for the movie title.
- MACABRE MADNESS: 6 p.m., Livingston Library Branch. In celebration of National Poetry Month, teens will get to express their scary side and learn some things about Edgar Allen Poe. Teens can play with face paint, make a monster or zombie from felt, read creepy poems and stories and make up their own poetry.
- ELEMENTARY ART CLASS: 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., South Live Oak Elementary School, Room 602, 8400 Cecil Drive, Denham Springs. Students, grades 2 through 6, will focus on the elements of art and the principles of design. Students should bring regular No. 2 pencils and a drawing pad. The cost is $40 for members of the Arts Council of Livingston Parish and $45 for others. To enroll, call (225) 954-2700.
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE SUPPORT: 6 p.m., in Denham Springs. Women Outreaching Women will hold a support group meeting for women currently involved in domestic violence and for survivors of domestic violence. Attendees must make reservations to receive childcare. For location, call (225) 791-3940 or email email@example.com.
- H.O.P.E. GRIEF SUPPORT: 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m., Ochsner Medical Center, I-12 at O’Neal Lane. The Hospice of Baton Rouge will offer a free six-week grief support group. (225) 767-4773.
- REGISTRATION FOR ‘IMPROVING CARE FOR VETERANS’ SEMINAR: Our Lady of the Lake Livingston, 5000 Odonavan Blvd., Walker. Legacy Hospice of Walker will hold a seminar on “Improving Care for Veterans.” The seminar will be from noon to 4 p.m. May 7, at Our Lady of the Lake Livingston. The program will assist end-of-life care providers and health and human service professionals with new interventions to better serve dying veterans and their families. Seating is limit. Registration ends Tuesday. To register, call (225) 667-1340 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- STORIES, SONGS AND MORE: 10 a.m., Livingston Library Branch.
- STORY TIME: 10 a.m., South Library Branch.
- AUTISM NETWORK GROUP: 6:30 p.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch. The Livingston Parish Autism Network Group will hold its monthly meeting.
- SENIOR CRIME EXPO: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Abundant Life Church, 206 Edgewood Drive, Denham Springs. Local agencies will have health and senior information at the 17th annual Senior Crime Expo. The Livingston Parish SALT Council will sponsor the event. (225) 686-3811.
- PRESCHOOL STORY TIME: 10 a.m., Albany-Springfield Library Branch.
- ESL CLASS: 4:30 p.m., Livingston Library Branch.
- OPEN MIC NIGHT: 5:30 p.m., Watson Library Branch.
- MYSTERY DINNER THEATER: 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch. Registration is limited.