- VITA TAX PREPARATION: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch, 8101 U.S. 190; and 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., Albany-Springfield Library Branch, 26941 La. 43. The library will offer free tax preparation help for participants with an income limit of $50,000. (225) 665-8118 for the Denham Springs-Walker branch and (225) 567-1441 for the Albany-Springfield branch.
- PRESCHOOL STORY TIME: 10 a.m., Albany-Springfield Library Branch.
- SUNNY SIDE UP BOOK CLUB: 10 a.m., Watson Library Branch, 36581 Outback Road. The club reads inspirational fiction. (225) 664-3693.
- BOOK CLUB: 10:30 a.m., Livingston Library Branch, 20390 Iowa St. (225) 686-2436.
- EMAIL BASICS: 2 p.m., Watson Library Branch. The computer class is free.
- ESL CLASS: 4:30 p.m., Livingston Library Branch. Conversational English classes open to non-native English speakers at all levels of ability.
- AVENGE THE PLANET: 6 p.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch. Teens will watch an action-packed superhero movie while making homemade paper. The movie is rated PG-13.
- STARS/TWINKLES TALENT SHOW: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Walker Freshman High School, 13443 Burgess Ave., Walker. The Stars/Twinkles Talent Show is open to all former and current Special Education students of Livingston Parish Public School System. Regular education students may participate only with a Special Education student. The cost to enter is free. Admission is $3 for adults and $1 for students. For rules, regulations and an entry form, email Guy.Lemoine@lpsb.org.
- SPINE TINGLERS BOOK CLUB: 6 p.m., Watson Library Branch.
- HALO 4 TOURNAMENT: 6 p.m., Livingston Library Branch. Patrons are invited to compete in a Halo 4 Tournament. While waiting to compete, patrons can have snacks and play Portal. Registration is required.
- GIRL SCOUT MEETING: 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m., Livingston Library Branch.
- BAPTIST SINGING WOMEN: 7 p.m., Walker Baptist Church, 10696 Florida Blvd., Walker. The Louisiana Baptist Singing Women will give a free concert. The singing group includes 65 women from across the state. (225) 665-8368.
- BUDDY LILES IN CONCERT: 7 p.m., Community Chapel Church, 35490 Walker North Road. Buddy Liles, an award-winning singer, will perform. (225) 667-6601.
- KINDERGARTEN AND PRE-K REGISTRATION: 8 a.m. to 11 a.m., Maurepas School, 23923 La. 22, Maurepas. All parents must bring a certified birth certificate, social security card, complete immunization record and four proofs of residence to register. http://www.lpsb.org or (225) 686-7044.
- DENHAM’S GOT TALENT: 7 p.m. to 10 p.m., Denham Springs High School Jacket Gym, 1000 North Range Ave., Denham Springs. Performers, ages 12 and older, can showcase their talents at the “Denham’s Got Talent” show. Winners will get prizes and gift certificates, the opportunity to perform at the 2013 Dukes of Hazzard Reunion event and a free professional studio recording session. The 2013 Denham Springs High School Project Graduation is holding the talent show to raise funds for providing graduating seniors with a fun, safe way to spend their final high school occasion. Entry fee is $20. Tickets are $5 per adult and $3 per student. Registration forms are available on Facebook at 2013 DSHS Project Graduation or at (225) 665-8190.
- JACKETS AGAINST CANCER WALK: 8 a.m., Train Station Park, 198 E. Railroad Ave., Denham Springs. The Denham Springs High School Class of 1981 will sponsor the “Jackets Against Cancer” walk to raise awareness for all types of cancer and to raise funds for the Leslie Strong scholarship at DSHS, which helps Certified Nursing Assistant students. It will start at Train Station Park, go across to River Road, up River Road to Benton Lane and go back out the same way it started. The three-mile walk will also have a silent auction and jambalaya dinners for sale. Visit the “Jackets Against Cancer” Facebook page for more information or to get registration forms.
- MARCH OF DIMES: 8:30 a.m., Sidney Hutchinson Memorial Park, 13740 Ball Park Road, Walker. The March of Dimes helps prevent permature birth, birth defects and infant mortality. To sign up a team, visit http://www.marchforbabies.org. (225) 249-5081 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WATSON QUILTERS: 9 a.m., Watson Library Branch. The group meets on the second and fourth Saturday of each month.
- VITA TAX PREPARATION: 9:30 a.m., Livingston Library Branch.
- BENEFIT FOR DIANNE BENNETT: 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Friendship Community Benefit Center, corner of Walker North Road and Springfield Road. The center will sell jambalaya and pastalaya to benefit Dianne Bennett. (225) 304-3495.
- MCMANUS FAMILY REUNION: 10 a.m., new pavilion at South Park, 30372 Eden Church Road, Denham Springs. Participants should bring a covered dish, drinks, chairs, meat to barbecue and family memorabilia. Alcohol is not allowed. (225) 304-2360 or (225) 305-5755.
- LUPUS SUPPORT GROUP: 10:30 a.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch.
- SAFE DRIVING AWARENESS DAY: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Wal-Mart, 34025 La. 16, Watson. Girl Scout Louisiana East Brownie Troop 10384 and the Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office will host the “Watson Safe Driving Awareness Day,” which will feature informational booths with car seat installation technicians, a driving safety poster contest for Live Oak students and many student organizations with activities and information. To participate or provide support, call (225) 667-2049 or (225) 665-2717.
- MISSION TRIP BENEFIT: 11 a.m., Winn-Dixie, 28145 Walker Road South, Walker. A jambalaya benefit will raise funds for Lindsey Johnson’s mision trip. The 17-year-old Walker resident plans to go on a mission trip to Uganda in May. Cost is $7 per plate. http://www.gofundme.com/lindseyjohnson.
- PARENT-CHILD YOGA CLASS: 11:30 a.m., South Library Branch, 23477 La. 444. Parents and their children will perform a variety of yoga postures to help with strength, balance, focus and developing both sides of their brains. Elan Adams, instructor and owner of Spiral Branch Yoga, and Ashley McCollogh, Mommy and Me yoga instructor at Yoga Bliss, will teach. Registration is required. (225) 698-3015.
- MAGIC CLUB: 2 p.m., Watson Library Branch. Members will practice magic and learn new magic tricks.
- NATIONAL LIBRARY WEEK: library hours, Denham Springs-Walker Library and Watson Library branches. Children can celebrate National Library Week by making crafts to take home in the Youth Services section at each library all week starting Sunday.
- BABY AND TODDLER STORY TIME: 9:45 a.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch.
- EMAIL BASICS: 10 a.m., Livingston Library Branch. The computer class is free.
- PRESCHOOL STORY TIME: 10:30 a.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch.
- WORD BASICS: 2 p.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch. The computer class is free, but registration is required.
- DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS: 5 p.m., Watson Library Branch. Patrons are invited to the library to play Dungeons and Dragons.
- DS ATHLETICS MEETING: 7 p.m., Big Mike’s Bar & Grill, 123 Aspen Square, Denham Springs. The Denham Springs Athletic Association meeting is open to all supporters of Yellow Jacket athletics. (225) 754-2581 or (225) 791-3258.
- LIVINGSTON AMATEUR RADIO SOCIETY: 7 p.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch.
- SMALL BUSINESS CONSULTING: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Livingston Library Branch. Patrons who own a small business or are interested in starting a small business can get free business consulting. The Louisiana Small Business Development Center at Southeastern Louisiana University will sponsor. Registration is required.
- STORY TIME: 10 a.m., Watson Library Branch.
- STORY TIME: 10 a.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch.
- EXCEL BASICS: 2 p.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch.
- DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS: 3:30 p.m., Livingston Library Branch.
- YOUNG WRITERS CLUB: 5 p.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch. The club is open to writers, ages 10 to 17, who want to write for publication or performance.
- PUPPET SHOW: 6 p.m., Albany-Springfield Library Branch.
- SIGN LANGUAGE GROUP: 6 p.m., Livingston Library Branch.
- ELEMENTARY ART CLASS: 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., South Live Oak Elementary School, Room 602, 8400 Cecil Drive, Denham Springs. Students, grades 2 through 6, will focus on the elements of art and the principles of design. Students should bring regular No. 2 pencils and a drawing pad. Cost is $40 for members of the Arts Council of Livingston Parish and $45 for others. To enroll, call (225) 954-2700.
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE SUPPORT: 6 p.m., Denham Springs. Women Outreaching Women will hold a support group meeting for women currently involved in domestic violence and/or survivors of domestic violence. Reservations are required for childcare. For location, call (225) 791-3940 or email email@example.com.
- ECLECTIC BOOK CLUB: 6:30 p.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch. Members will discuss “The Hunchback of Notre Dame” by Victor Hugo.
- GIRL SCOUT MEETING: 6:30 p.m., Watson Library Branch.
- AMVETS POST 68 MEETING: 7 p.m., Amvets Post 68, 26890 La. 42, Springfield. Amvets Post 68 meets on the third Tuesday of each month. (225) 294-8968.
- CREATING A SOCIAL MEDIA: 9 a.m., Livingston Library Branch. The library will hold a class on using social media in an efficient and effective way for businesses. The Louisiana Small Business Development Center at Southeastern Louisiana University will sponsor. Registration is required.
- STORIES, SONGS AND MORE: 10 a.m., Livingston Library Branch.
- STORY TIME: 10 a.m., South Library Branch.
- EMAIL BASICS: 10 a.m., Albany-Springfield Library Branch. Pre-registration is required.
- MASTER GARDENERS: 11 a.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch.
- DUTCH PHYSICAL THERAPY: 6 p.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch.
- BEGINNERS FLY TYING: 6 p.m., Watson Library. Robert DeSoto, an avid fisherman, will present a workshop on fly tying techniques. The library will provide the materials. Registration is required.
- PRESCHOOL STORY TIME: 10 a.m., Albany-Springfield Library Branch.
- PUBLISHER BASICS: 10 a.m., Watson Library Branch. The computer class is free.
- GRIEF SUPPORT GROUP: 2 p.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch.
- ESL CLASS: 4:30 p.m., Livingston Library Branch.
- BEESWAX CANDLE MAKING: 6 p.m., Albany-Springfield Library Branch. Patrons, ages 18 and older, are invited to make two-toned tapered beeswax candles. Registration is required.
- FAMILY STORY TIME AND PUPPET SHOW: 6 p.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch.
- EDWARD LIVINGSTON HISTORICAL ASSOCIATION: 6 p.m., Livingston Library Branch.
- VINTAGE JUNKIE WORKSHOP: 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Hummell Street Gallery, 133 Hummell St., Denham Springs. The Arts Council of Livingston Parish will sponsor the “Shabby Chandelier Vintage Junkie Workshop” where participants will use vintage paper, old photos, buttons, baubles and glitter to create shabby chandeliers. Shelly Frederick, an artist, will lead the workshop. Cost is $55. Registration is required as space is limited. (225) 664-1168.