- SUNNY SIDE UP BOOK CLUB: 10 a.m., Watson Library Branch, 36581 Outback Road. The club reads and discusses inspirational fiction. For more information, call (225) 664-3693.
- PRESCHOOL STORY TIME: 10 a.m., Albany-Springfield Library Branch, 26941 La. 43. For more information, call (225) 567-1441.
- BOOK CLUB: 10:30 a.m. to noon, Livingston Library Branch, 20390 Iowa St. For more information, call (225) 686-2436.
- EDMONDS HOMEOWNERS: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Watson Library Branch.
- LIFE-SIZED CANDYLAND TEEN PROGRAM: 6 p.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch, 8101 U.S. 190. Teens and library staff members will play life-sized Candyland by dressing up as the boardgame pieces and setting up the meeting room as the board. For more information, call (225) 665-8118.
- ADULT WRITERS CIRCLE: 6:30 p.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch.
- ALBANY ARTS & CRAFTS FESTIVAL: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Albany Community Church, 30415 Gill Road. The festival will have shopping, food and music. It is free to attend. For more information, call (225) 567-4006.
- VETERANS DAY AT WALKER HIGH: 9:30 a.m., Walker High School Glenn Ellis Gym, 12646 Burgess Ave., Walker. The Walker High School Veterans Day Program will honor men and women who serve or have served our country and is open to local active military members and veterans. Participants should call (225) 664-4825 and meet in the school's cafeteria at 9 a.m. for a continental breakfast and to get program information.
- LIVE OAK HIGHWAY BEAUTIFICATION FUNDRAISER: 7 a.m. to 2 p.m., L.O.U.M. Activity Center. The fundraiser will benefit the Live Oak Highway Beautification Memorial Fund and will include a garage sale, jambalaya and pastalaya for $5 a plate from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and raffle tickets for $2 each. The raffle is for a handmade quilt.
- SPCA BENEFIT RUMMAGE SALE: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Faithful Companions, 28903 South Frost Road, Livingston. The SPCA of Livingston will hold a benefit indoor rummage sale. It will feature donated items from families all over the parish including exercise equipment, baby items, clothes, household items, furniture, collectibles and more. All proceeds will go to the SPCA of Livingston. For more information, call (225) 788-6940.
- WATSON QUILTERS: 9 a.m. to noon, Watson Library Branch. The local group meets the second and fourth Saturday of each month and is open to the public.
- CROCHET SERIES: 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., Arts Council of Livingston Parish, 133 Hummell St., Denham Springs. The series has three classes and is for beginners and for those needing a refresher. This week's class will be the second class in the series. Students will make baby clothes. The cost is $75. To register or for more information, call (225) 664-1168.
- LUPUS SUPPORT: 10:30 a.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch.
- MAGIC CLUB: 2 p.m., Watson Library Branch. Members will practice magic and learn new magic tricks.
- VETERANS CELEBRATION AND PARADE: 10 a.m., celebration; 1 p.m., parade, Walker High School Glenn Ellis Gym. The celebration will start with a ceremony honoring all veterans. For more information, call visit http://www.facebook.com/LPVA1 or call (225) 937-3112.
- ST. JUDE GIVE BACK DINNER: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., First Guaranty Bank-Watson Branch, 33818 La. 16, Denham Springs. All proceeds from the Team Erica/NYACP St. Jude Give Back Dinner will go to the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Dinners will include jambalaya, roll and cake for $6 each. Participants must have tickets to pick up meals. To purchase tickets, call (225) 571-5099.
- VOLUNTEER WORK DAY: Wings of Hope Wildlife Sanctuary, 20591 Abe Hoover Road, Livingston. The wildlife sanctuary has "Volunteer Work Days" on the second Saturday of each month. Staff members rely on volunteers to assist in the care of the animals and maintenance of the facilities. To volunteer, make a donation or to schedule a free tour, call (225) 698-3168 or email email@example.com. For more information, visit http://www.wingsofhoperehab.org.
- BABY AND TODDLER STORY TIME: 9:45 a.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch.
- RETIRED TEACHERS MEETING: 10 a.m., Livingston Parish School Board Office, 13909 Florida Blvd., Livingston. The Livingston Parish Retired Teachers will meet for their Veterans Day Program. The guest speaker will be Ricky Miller, a veteran. A light lunch will be served. All retired teachers are invited.
- PRESCHOOL STORY TIME: 10:30 a.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch.
- EMAIL BASICS: 11 a.m., South Library Branch, 23477 La. 444. For more information, call (225) 698-3015.
- ALZHEIMER'S SUPPORT: 11:30 a.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch. computer basics: 6 p.m., Watson Library Branch.
- STORY TIME: 10 a.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch.
- SENIOR THANKSGIVING LUNCH: 11 a.m., Shady Bower Pentecostal Church, 13375 Galloway Garden Lane, Walker. Pastor Joey Myers invites all seniors to attend a Thanksgiving lunch. For more information, call (225) 571-8793.
- INTRO TO INTERNET: 5:30 p.m., Livingston Library Branch.
- ANIME/MANGA MEETING: 5:30 p.m., South Library Branch. The Anime Addicts/Manga Maniacs Club is for teen anime and manga lovers. Members will discuss anime and manga while learning about Japanese culture.
- CHRISTMAS EXTRAVAGANZA: 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Abundant Life Church, 206 Edgewood Drive, Denham Springs. Abundant Life Church will hold its Third annual "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year" Christmas shopping extravaganza. Vendor registration is open, but space is limited. For more information, call (225) 665-7000.
- SLU ALUMNI MEETING: 6 p.m., Livingston Library Branch. The Livingston Chapter of the SLU Alumni Association will meet. The meeting will have entertainment and food. All graduates are invited.
- DRAWING AND PAINTING ART CLASS: 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., South Live Oak Elementary School, 8400 Cecil Drive, Denham Springs, Room 602. The class is for students in grades two through six, and will focus on the elements of art and the principles of design. Students should bring No. 2 pencils and a drawing pad. The cost is $40 for Arts Council of Livingston Parish members and $45 for others. To register, call (225) 954-2700.
- LIFE-SIZED CANDYLAND: 6 p.m., Albany-Springfield Library Branch. Teens are invited to play life-sized Candyland by acting as the game pieces with the library meeting room being the game board.
- TEEN ADVISORY BOARD: 6 p.m., Livingston Library Branch. The Teen Advisory Board suggests programs, volunteers at the library and helps choose books for the Young Adult section.
- PILOT CLUB: 6:45 p.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch.
- POWERPOINT BASICS: 10 a.m., Albany-Springfield Library Branch. Reservations are required.
- STORIES, SONGS AND MORE: 10 a.m., Livingston Library Branch.
- SOUL INSPIRED JOURNALING CLUB: 10 a.m., Watson Library Branch. The new club focuses on the personal benefits of journaling.
- STORY TIME: 10 a.m., South Library Branch.
- PUBLISHER BASICS: 1 p.m., South Library Branch. The computer class is free.
- LIVINGSTON PARISH LIBRARY BOARD MEETING: 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., Livingston Library Branch.
- PRESCHOOL STORY TIME: 10 a.m., Albany-Springfield Library Branch.
- GRIEF SUPPORT GROUP: 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch. Doctor's Hospice-Livingston will hold a support group meeting for anyone experiencing a loss such as a divorce, death of a loved one and other life changes. For more information, call (225) 667-1340.
- TWEEN GAME NIGHT: 4 p.m., Livingston Library Branch.
- FAMILY STORY TIME AND PUPPET SHOW: 6 p.m., Denham Springs-Walker Library Branch.
- IN STITCHES: 6 p.m., Albany-Springfield Library Branch. The library will host a crochet and knitting class for adults, teens and children, ages 10 and older. Participants should bring size eight knitting needles or a size H crochet hook with yarn. Registration is required.
- EDWARD LIVINGSTON HISTORICAL ASSOCIATION MEETING: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Livingston Library Branch.
- LIFE-SIZED CANDYLAND: 6 p.m., Watson Library Branch. Teens are invited to play life-sized Candyland by acting as the game pieces with the library meeting room being the game board.