Wednesday is the deadline to register to vote in the Nov. 16 election.
On that ballot in East Baton Rouge Parish may be a possible runoff election from this Saturday’s race for justice of the peace in Ward 3, District 3.
The candidates in the primary are Kenesha Antoine, Jerry Arbour, Mariano Hinojosa, Steve Myers, Mark G. Simmons and Larry Spencer.
The Nov. 19 ballot in East Baton Rouge Parish will have three propositions:
- A $13.1 million bond issue for the Central Community School System.
- A $75 parcel fee for the Sherwood Forest Crime Prevention.
- A $75 annual parcel fee for the Park Forest Crime Prevention and Improvement District.
The Registrar of Voters Office is offering residents three locations to register:
- Main Office, City Hall, 22 St. Louis St., Room 201.
- Southeast, Court Plaza Building, 10500 Coursey Blvd., Room 203.
- Baker, Motor Vehicle Building, 2250 Main St.
Office hours are from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. For information, call the Registrar of Voters Office at (225) 389-3940.