Dr. Evelyn Hayes has been appointed chairman of Baton Rouge General/General Health System’s board of trustees. She is interim president and chief executive officer.
Two new members to the board are Joseph Juban and Elaine Vallette, with Gary Graphia returning to the board.
Juban is a civil practice attorney and partner with Long Law Firm in Baton Rouge, who serves as chairman of Baton Rouge General Foundation’s board of governors. Vallette is dean of nursing and allied health for Baton Rouge Community College and serves on the Louisiana Council of Administrators in Nursing Education. Graphia is of counsel to law firm Kean Miller LLP.
Ely Thurmond has been named consulting manager in Postlethwaite & Netterville’s consulting division. Thurmond was client development manager for Taylor, Porter, Brooks & Phillips LLP.
Scot Byrd has been named vice president of business development for BBI Architects in Baton Rouge. Byrd was general manager for Triton Industries in Lottie and director of economic development for Pointe Coupee Parish.
NEW ORLEANS AREA
SMG New Orleans, which manages several venues in New Orleans, has named Rebecca Ehlinger sales and marketing manager focusing on events at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans Arena and Champions Square, and Michelle Tarallo senior sales and marketing coordinator focusing on events for Champions Square, club XLIV and Encore.
Ehlinger was public relations and member services coordinator for the Greater New Orleans Hotel and Lodging Association. Tarallo was sales and marketing manager of BlackFinn American Grille in Houston.
Greene’s Energy Group in Lafayette has named David Lang mid-continent regional manager for its testing and services business unit. Lang was store manager for Eagle Oilfield Services, a subsidiary of Greene’s Energy Group.
AROUND SOUTH LA.
Peoples Health in Metairie has named Julie Hughes director of regulatory compliance. It also named as field team managers Cynthia Crain, Slidell; Michelle Fabre, Westbank; Stephanie Haigler, Metairie; Mary Prechter, New Orleans; Beverly Rogers, Baton Rouge; and Frank Vander Stappen, Mandeville.
Hughes was assistant director of regulatory compliance. Crain, Fabre, Rogers and Vander Stappen were field supervisors in their respective areas. Prechter was a field supervisor. Haigler was a field supervisor coordinating inpatient care for plan members admitted to Touro Infirmary, Ochsner Baptist Medical Center and East Jefferson General Hospital and served as nurse case manager for the Transitions of Care Coaching Program.
Joe Bernard has been named vice president of marketing for Pro-T in Broussard.
He has worked in sales for the company.
Gov. Bobby Jindal has made appointments and reappointments from the local area to several boards and commissions.
- Louisiana State Mineral Board: Thomas Arnold Jr., of Harvey, CEO of Rice and Ice LLC.
- Parish Board of Election Supervisors: Gwen Pitre Cheramie, of Thibodaux, board member and vice president of the Leadership Lafourche organization and vice president of Agent Bank; Vinson Serio, of Metairie, a retired tax accountant; and Joseph Oster Jr., of Chalmette, a paralegal and private investigator.
- Employment Security Board of Review: Arthur Bourgeois, of Baton Rouge, owner of Black Bayou Holding LLC.
- Board of Electrolysis Examiners: Tonya Freeman, of Baker, owner of the Gregory System Clinic.
- Louisiana Citizens Property Insurance Corp.: Eric Berger, of Metairie, senior vice president of the Gray Insurance Co.
- Interagency Council on the Prevention of Sex Offenses: Frances “Reid” Noble, of Slidell, a captain with the Tulane University Police Department.
- Louisiana Professional Engineering and Land Surveying Board: Christopher Knotts, of Baton Rouge, administrator of public works, water resources and hydraulics at the state Department of Transportation and Development.
- Governor’s Task Force on DWI-Vehicular Homicide: Floyd Johnson, of Baton Rouge, state executive director of Mothers Against Drunk Driving Louisiana.
- Wildlife and Fisheries Commission: Dan Davis, of Houma, accountant executive with Marlin Services and A&B Valve and Piping Systems.