BATON ROUGE AREA
Robert C. Israel, president of the Louisiana Automobile Dealers Association, has been elected chairman of the Automotive Trade Association Executives. The trade group represents the executives of 115 state and metropolitan new car- and truck-dealer associations.
Jill Joffrion, marketing manager with Jones Walker, has been elected chairman of the Legal Marketing Association’s New Orleans/Baton Rouge City Group.
Other officers are Steven Rossi, marketing director with King Krebs & Jurgens, chairman-elect; Rachel Koenig, director of marketing and human resources with Barrasso Usdin, membership chairman; and Katie Kelly, marketing director with Baldwin Haspel Burke & Mayer, sponsorship chairman.
Diane Allen & Associates Advertising and Public Relations has named Nancy Steiner as vice president of media services and Donny Charbonnet as director of media services.
Steiner was media director and Charbonnet was senior media buyer.
Kean Miller LLP has named Don A. Champagne as executive director overseeing the law firm’s administrative and business functions and assisting in strategic growth initiatives and long-range business planning.
Champagne was chief operating officer for Deutsch, Kerrigan & Stiles LLP in New Orleans. Gary P. Graphia, formerly executive counsel to Gov. Bobby Jindal, has rejoined Kean Miller. He was a partner in the firm until 1999 before becoming chief legal officer and corporate secretary of The Shaw Group Inc., where he retired in 2012 as chief operating officer.
Clarissa A. Preston, former head of the Office of Consumer Advocacy for the Louisiana Department of Insurance and the department’s first Deputy Commissioner, has joined the Adams and Reese law firm’s Baton Rouge office as a lobbyist and member of the governmental relations team.
Paul Buteaux has been named vice president of enterprise sales at Transformyx. He was with Cisco Systems managing accounts in the areas of enterprise, commercial and the public sector focusing on health care and education.
David Martinez has been named by Venture Technologies as vice president of sales for Louisiana for the information technology company. Martinez was EMC’s chief technology officer for the five-state Southeast region.
Harold Moise has been elected president of the Greater Baton Rouge Clean Cities Coalition.
Other executive committee members are Thomas Marino, vice president; Rick Curry, secretary; Jean Kelly, treasurer; and Mike McDaniel, past president.
Lonnie J. Dore, former vice president of sales and vice president of information technology with Kellogg’s, has been appointed to LSU University College’s Advisory Board.
Robert Schneckenburger, president of the Baton Rouge market for JPMorgan Chase Bank NA, has been named to the board of directors of the Center for Planning Excellence.
Russ Bumgardner, a project manager at Jacobs Engineering in Baton Rouge, has been elected to the board of directors of the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation in Missoula, Mont.
Dr. June Borazjani has been named vice president of clinical services for both the Regional Medical Center of Acadiana and Women’s & Children’s Hospital, a campus of Regional Medical Center.
She was a member of the faculty at the College of Nursing and Allied Professions.
Jaret Garber has been named financial manager of testing and services at Greene’s Energy Group in Lafayette. Garber was financial analyst and fleet administrator.
NEW ORLEANS AREA
Brian M. Wedig, of Metairie, has been named by Investar Bank as vice president and commercial banking relationship manager for southeast Louisiana, including the bank’s new New Orleans-area and Northshore franchise. He was vice president and commercial relationship manager with Home Bank.
AROUND SOUTH LA.
George Wilson Jr., president and chief executive officer of Barriere Construction Co. LLC in Metairie, has been elected president of Louisiana Associated General Contractors Inc.
Other officers are David Huval Jr., of C.E.C. Inc. in Lafayette, senior vice president; Steve Hackworth, of D & J Construction Co. Inc. in Monroe, vice president; Vic Weston, of Tri-State Road Boring Inc. in Baton Rouge, treasurer; and Kelly Commander, of Command Construction Industries in Metairie, immediate past president.
Mike Daigle, of Thibodaux, has been elected president of the American Sugar Cane League. Daigle became the CEO of Lula-Westfield LLC when the Lula Sugar Factory and Westfield Sugar Factory merged in 1997.
Rebecca S. Clary has been appointed chief accounting officer and corporate controller of Globalstar Inc. in Covington. She has served as corporate controller.
Gov. Bobby Jindal has made appointments and reappointments from the area to several boards and commissions.
- Louisiana Board of Commissioners of the Stadium and Exposition District: J.E. Brignac, of Prairieville, part owner and director of Acadiana Cable Advertising and KDCG Television; Robert Bruno, of New Orleans, a partner at Bruno and Bruno Attorneys at Law; Ron Forman, of New Orleans, president and chief executive officer of the Audubon Nature Institute; and Julio Melara, of Baton Rouge, president of the Baton Rouge Business Report and publisher of 225 Magazine.
- Louisiana Soybean and Grain Research and Promotion Board: Carlos Polotozla, of Melville, a soybean farmer.
- Children’s Cabinet Advisory Board: Carmen Weisner, of Baton Rouge, executive director of the National Association of Children and Family Services, and Sean Hamilton, of Baton Rouge, assistant secretary of the Office of Juvenile Justice at the Department of Public Safety.
- D.A.R.E. Advisory Board: Missy Graves, of Baton Rouge, executive director of the Governor’s Office of Safe and Drug Free Communities and the Executive Director of the Drug Policy Board.
- Emergency Medical Services Certification Commission: Ken Salzer, of Covington, chief EMS for St. Tammany Parish Fire Station No. 4, and James Wood, of St. Francisville, fire chief of West Feliciana Parish.
- Board of Louisiana River Pilot Review and Oversight: Charles Steinmuller, of Baton Rouge, a bar pilot; Craig Andrews, of Metairie, a river port pilot; Lee Jackson, of Westwego, CEO of Jackson Offshore Operators and Jackson Offshore Holdings LLC; and Dale Hymel Jr., of Paulina, special projects manager for the Port of South Louisiana.
- Louisiana Emergency Response Commission: Capt. Taylor Moss, of Prairieville, commander of the state police emergency services unit, and Brent Robbins, of Baton Rouge, deputy commissioner of marketing and agro-economic development for the state Department of Agriculture.
- Louisiana Naval War Memorial Commission: Richard Brandt, of Baton Rouge, retired president of dB Consulting and Commandant Detachment 776 of the Marine Corps League, and Kenneth Kimberly, of Covington, a retired lieutenant colonel from the U.S. Army and a retired JROTC instructor.
- State Interagency Coordinating Council on ChildNet: Danita LeBlanc, of Baton Rouge, child/youth crisis services coordinator at the Office of Behavioral Health; Tara DiSandro, of Baton Rouge, Medicaid program manager 1-B at the state Department of Health and Hospitals; Amy Zapata, of Jefferson, director of Louisiana’s section of maternal and child health within the state Office of Public Health’s Center for Preventive Health Services; Gail Kelso, of Baton Rouge, program director of child development and early learning at the state Department of Children and Family Services; Mary Louise Jones, of Baton Rouge, section supervisor for the pre-K and pre-school department at the state Department of Education; Hugh “Brandon” Burris, of Baton Rouge, executive director of the Governor’s Office of Disability Affairs; and Sandee Winchell, of Baton Rouge, executive director of the Developmental Disabilities Council.
- Louisiana Commission on Marriage and Family: Sen. Sharon Broome, of Baton Rouge, represents the 15th District, and Sen. A.G. Crowe, of Slidell, represents the 1st District.
- Louisiana State Uniform Construction Code Council: Steve Boudreaux, of Baton Rouge, managing principal of Stantec Consulting; David “Mike” Metcalf, of New Orleans, chief building official for the Plaquemines Parish Government; Kenneth Naquin, of Baton Rouge, CEO of the Louisiana Associated General Contractors; Greg E. Landry, of Baton Rouge, vice president of the Lemoine Co.; Bhola Dhume, of New Orleans, deputy director of the department of safety and permits in New Orleans; and Wilfred Barry, of Baton Rouge, president and CEO of SJB Group LLC.