September 22, 2012
Terrie Sterling, chief operating officer of Our Lady of the Lake Hospital, was elected to an at-large position on the American Heart Association’s Greater Southeast Affiliate board of directors. Sterling is a member of the American Heart Association’s Capital Area board.
Kristen Maurel has been named project leader at The Day Group, managing the advertising and marketing firm’s client list. Maurel was project and design specialist at Visit Baton Rouge, the city’s convention and visitors bureau.
Valerie Legé Mayhall has been named director of environmental compliance and regulatory affairs with Toxicological & Environmental Associates Inc. Mayhall was a client program manager for Shaw Environmental and Infrastructure Inc.
John M. Steitz has been named president and chief executive officer of Avantor Performance Materials, of Center Valley, Pa. He was president and chief operating officer of Albemarle.
Karen Eddlemon has been elected chairman of the American Red Cross Capital Area Chapter.
Ruark Chick is vice chairman. New board members are Steve Carville, Deidra Jackson, Jake Holinga, Desiree Lemoine, Brad Meyers and Matt Saurage.
David Othling has been named a senior project manager at Neel-Schaffer Inc. He was traffic operations team leader with URS in Tallahassee, Fla.
Gov. Bobby Jindal made appointments or reappointments from the local area to various boards, councils and commissions:
- Workers’ Compensation Advisory Council: Robert “Bob” Israel, of Baton Rouge, president of the Louisiana Automobile Dealers Association.
- Governor’s Advisory Board of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention: Tyler Lax, of Baton Rouge, a student at Baton Rouge Community College.
- Board of Pardons: Sheryl Ranatza, of St. Francisville, retired former deputy secretary for the Department of Corrections.
- Louisiana Fire and Emergency Training Commission: state Rep. Karen St. Germain, of Pierre Part.
- Capital Area Human Services District Board: Jermaine Watson, a project manager at Franklin Associates; Stephanie Griffin-Manson, vice president of operations for Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center; Denise Dugas, behavioral health line administrator for Baton Rouge General Medical System, all from Baton Rouge; and Kristin Saucier, of Port Allen, a clinical social worker at Baton Rouge General Behavioral Health.
- Louisiana Folklife Commission: Raymond Berthelot, chief of interpretive services at the Louisiana Office of State Parks; Douglas Bourgeois, Louisiana Byways director for the Office of Tourism; Dana La Fonta, director of the Louisiana Division of the Arts; and Charles “Chip” McGimsey, state archaeologist and director of the Division of Archaeology, all from Baton Rouge.
- Atchafalaya Basin Levee District Board of Commissioners: Cory Chustz, of Port Allen, a project coordinator for Ford, Bacon & Davis; Bill Flynn, of Port Allen, a U.S. Marine Corps veteran retired from South Central Bell; John Grezaffi, of Batchelor, owner of Buckhorn Stockfarm; Daniel Hebert, of Plaquemine, an employee of ETEC; Karen Jewell, of Maringoin, owner of Jewell Insurance Agency; Nickie Rockforte, of Ventress, a corn farmer; Harry Marionneaux, of Plaquemine, a former member of the Iberville Parish School Board and retired from the logging industry; and Earl Matherne, of Pierre Part, a part-time employee of Settoon Construction Inc.
- Louisiana State Board of Cosmetology: Frances Hand, of Denham Springs, owner of Denham Springs Beauty College Inc.; and Lora Moreau, of Lafayette, president and owner of Cosmetology Training Center.