The Ascension Parish Department of Recreation and Culture and River Road African American Museum will host Breast Cancer Awareness Month activities Oct. 14 to Oct. 19
Last year’s event raised more than $2,000 for the American Cancer Society, Parish President Tommy Martinez said.
This year, organizers are inviting all cancer survivors and their family members to join them in hopes of developing a Donaldsonville Cancer Survivor Support Group.
All events are free.
- Balloon release and candlelight ceremony: 6 p.m. Monday, Oct. 14, RRAAM
- Nutritional facts and words of encouragement program: 6 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 15, RRAAM
- Free Zumba class: 6 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 16, old Donaldsonville High School gym on Lee Avenue. Sponsored by Sassy Steps Dance Studios.
- Lowery Middle School Pink Out Game: 5:15 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 17, Floyd Boutte Stadium
- Stroll Down the Avenue: 5 p.m. Friday, Oct. 18, RRAAM
- Donaldsonville High School Pink Out Game: 5 p.m. Friday, Oct. 18, Floyd Boutte Stadium.
For more information, call Ajia Mitchell, of PARC, at (225) 473-3898 or email email@example.com.