- LOSS AND GRIEF EDUCATION AND SUPPORT MEETING: 6 p.m., St. Elizabeth Hospital Sister Vernola conference room. For residents who have experienced loss of any kind. Group meeting facilitated by the Grief Recovery Center. Free. Registration preferred. Call (225) 621-2906.
- RECYCLING ROAD SHOW: 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Wal-Mart store in Prairieville. A recycling vehicle will be stationed in the parking lot on U.S. 61 to accept recyclable materials. For more information, call (225) 621-5753.
- SCORE: By appointment, Ascension Parish Library, Gonzales. Ascension Parish Library and SCORE – Baton Rouge offer free, on-site counseling for new business start-ups and mentoring for existing businesses. Counseling sessions are held at Gonzales and Dutchtown each month by appointment. To learn more, visit http://www.scorebr.org. To schedule an appointment, call (225) 381-7130 or (877) 381-7130 and specify which library you prefer.
- TEEN BOOK CLUB: 5:30 p.m., Ascension Parish Library, Galvez.
- PAJAMA STORYTIME: 6:30 p.m., Ascension Parish Library, Donaldsonville and Dutchtown. Children and their families are invited to attend the monthly Pajama Storytime, which includes a half-hour of stories, songs and fingerplays. After the program, children may make their craft to take home. For children age 7 and younger and their families. For more information on this program, call the library in Gonzales at (225) 647-3955, in Donaldsonville at (225) 473-8052, in Galvez at (225) 622-3339, or in Dutchtown at (225) 673-8699.
- THRIVING WITH DIABETES: 6 p.m., St. Elizabeth Hospital, Sister Linda conference room. Chris Achee, Ascension Parish branch librarian, to discuss books, recipes and magazines available to help diabetics maintain and achieve good diabetes control. Free, registration preferred. Call (225) 621-2906.
- SMALL BUSINESS CONSULTING: By appointment, Ascension Parish Library, Donaldsonville. Small business owners can take advantage of the free business consulting the library offers on the second Monday of each month in Galvez and the second Wednesday of each month in Donaldsonville. Residents wanting to start or improve a small business receive private, two-hour consulting sessions designed to provide professional help in areas of financing, marketing, and accounting. Sponsored by the Ascension Parish Library. A partnership program with the U.S. Small Business Administration, the Louisiana Department of Economic Development, and the Louisiana Small Business Development Center at Southern University and A & M College – Baton Rouge. All services are free and confidential. To schedule an appointment call the LSBDC at (225) 922-0998.
- YOU CAN COUNT ON MOTHER GOOSE: 10:30 a.m., Ascension Parish Library, Dutchtown. Preschool program.
- KOKUSAIKA: 4 p.m., Ascension Parish Library, Gonzales. Teen program.
- THE BATTLE OF NEW ORLEANS: How It Changed the Course of History: 6 p.m., Ascension Parish Library, Donaldsonville. Adult program.
- PAJAMA STORYTIME: 6:30 p.m., Ascension Parish Library, Gonzales and Galvez.