- LAP-SIT STORYTIME: 10 a.m., Ascension Parish Library, Gonzales and Dutchtown.
- SHOE-RIFFIC: 5:30 p.m., Ascension Parish Library, Galvez. Learn how to make a great pair of shoes that reflects your individuality and unique sense of style. Children ages 8 to 12 are asked to bring a pair of cloth or canvas tennis shoes, and the library will provide the fabric pens and a couple of design ideas. Registration is required. To register or for more information, call the Ascension Parish Library in Galvez at (225) 622-3339.
- ALZHEIMER'S LUNCH AND LEARN: Noon to 1 p.m., St. Elizabeth Hospital, Sister Linda conference room. Holidays are meant to be joyful times, but for the person whose life has been affected by dementia, special occasions may stir up a different set of feelings. By planning ahead and using tips discussed, you and your loved ones can find ways to get the most out of special occasions, even amidst the challenges of caregiving. Light lunch provided. Free. Registration preferred. Call (225) 621-2906.
- GUIDE TO WRITING RÉSUMÉS: 6 p.m., Ascension Parish Library, Gonzales.
- LOUISIANA CULINARY INSTITUTE - JUST DESSERTS: 5:30 p.m., Ascension Parish Library, Dutchtown. Chef Christina Nicosia and her students at the Louisiana Culinary Institute will demonstrate how to make desserts. Sample desserts and get recipes for holiday gatherings. Free. To register, call (225) 673-8699.
- 21ST ANNUAL TREE LIGHTING: 6 p.m., Gonzales Civic Center. Enjoy hot chocolate and cookies as well as a visit from Santa, who will give a gift to all children up to fifth grade. Jambalaya will be provided by the Jambalaya Festival Association, and entertainment will be provided by Center State Performing Arts Academy.