LAFAYETTE — The United Way of Acadiana is offering free tax preparation services at 11 Volunteer Income Tax Assistance sites across Acadiana starting Tuesday.
The free service is offered by IRS-certified and trained volunteers.
In addition to the 11 sites, three “Super Tax Days” are scheduled:
- 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Feb. 2 at the Lafayette Consolidated Government building at 111 Shirley Picard Drive.
- 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. Feb. 6 at the Clifton Chenier Center, 220 W. Willow St.
- 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Feb. 7 at the Vermilion Parish Library, 405 E. Victor St., Abbeville.
Free tax assistance will be offered at sites across Acadiana. Some sites open Tuesday, though, some open at a later date. Call site for specific information.
Free tax assistance will be offered at the following sites:
- Acadia Parish: ASSIST Agency 11 N. Parkerson, Crowley, (337) 788-7550, Ext. 138.
- Iberia Parish: Iberia Parish Library 445 E. Main St., New Iberia, (337) 365-2691; SMILE CAA/Iberia Parish, 722 Walton St., New Iberia, (337) 365-8151.
- Lafayette Parish: Acadiana High School 315 Rue de Belier, Lafayette, (337) 984-2324; Lafayette CA Center, 501 St. John St., Lafayette, (337) 234-3272, Ext. 219.
- St. Landry Parish: Continuous Links, 8202 La. 182, Opelousas, (337) 225-0424; The SW Center for Rural Initiatives 1209 Diesi St., Opelousas, (337) 943-2410.
- St. Martin Parish: SMILE CAA/St. Martinville, 2097 Terrace Road, St. Martinville, (337) 394-6014.
- St. Mary Parish: St. Mary CAA Central Office, 1407 Barrow St., Franklin, (337) 828-5703.
- Vermilion Parish: ASSIST Agency, 407 Charity St., Abbeville, (337) 898-9554.
For more information, visit: http://www.unitedwayofacadiana.org.