- NEIGHBORHOOD ARTS PROJECT: 10 a.m., Mount Pilgrim Baptist Church, 9450 Scenic Highway, Scotlandville. NAP will set up tents on the church grounds with supplies for the community to create. Admission is free. (225) 389-7207 or lsumoa.org.
- WINGS OF HOPE BIRD SHOW: 1 p.m., East Baton Rouge Parish Library Pride-Chaneyville, 13600 Pride-Port Hudson Road. Come see some of the birds that live at the Wings of Hope Wildlife Refuge Center. (225) 658-1551.
- BATON ROUGE PRESS CLUB: Noon, Belle of Baton Rouge Hotel, Iberville Room, 102 France St. Rob Maness, a retired Air Force colonel from Madisonville who is running for the U.S. Senate, will speak at the Press Club. The Republican has the backing of the Tea Party Express. Lunch, which starts at 11:30 a.m., is $12 for members and $15 for guests.
- ATCHAFALAYA DANCERS: 2:30 p.m., East Baton Rouge Parish Library Bluebonnet Regional Branch, 9200 Bluebonnet Blvd. The dancers will present Louisiana Native American dances and traditions. (225) 763-2260.
- CASTING CALL WORKSHOP: 6:30 p.m., East Baton Rouge Parish Library Jones Creek Regional Branch, 6222 Jones Creek Road. Greg Pearson, Baton Rouge actor and disc jockey, will teach parents how to get their children involved in the state’s film industry. To register, call (225) 756-1150.
- BASTILLE DAY WITH “AMELIE:” 7 p.m., Manship Theatre, Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. To celebrate Bastille Day, Manship Theatre will show the classic French comedy “Amelie,” starring Audrey Tautou, Mathieu Kassovitz and Rufus. Tickets are $7. (225) 344-0334 or manshiptheatre.org.