- NEIGHBORHOOD ARTS PROJECT: 10 a.m., Leo S. Butler Community Center, 950 E. Washington St. Come make art for free with the Neighborhood Arts Project. Tents will be set up with art materials across from the community center. (225) 389-7207 or lsumoa.org.
- ART EXHIBIT OPENING RECEPTION: 6 p.m., FW Gallery, 8501 Highland Road. Reception to feature artists Kathleen Lemoine and Sheryl Southwick. fwgallery.net.
- BOWLING WITH BABY TOURNAMENT: 7 p.m., Quarters, 4530 S. Sherwood Forest Blvd. The Glen “Big Baby” Davis Foundation hosts its second annual Bowling with Baby and Friends Tournament featuring local celebrities competing against each other. Participants can bowl, play laser tag or have drinks while raising money for the foundation, which promotes literacy, healthy lifestyles and recreational activities for inner city youths. The event also features music from The Michael Foster Project and DJ SupaMike. Pre-sale tickets start at $20. (225) 330-4924 or gbbdf.org.
- ASTRONOMY LECTURE SERIES: 7:30 p.m., Highland Road Park Observatory, 13800 Highland Road. Amy Brouillette, education curator, will speak on “Wonders of the Summer Sky.” (225) 768-9948 or hrpo.lsu.edu.
- “AIDA:” 7:30 p.m., Manship Theatre, Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. The musical by Elton John and Tim Rice is about the timeless bond between an enslaved Nubian princess and an Egyptian soldier. Tickets are $25. manshiptheatre.org or (225) 344-0334.
- SWIMWEAR ON THE RUNWAY: 10 p.m., Varsity Theatre, 3353 Highland Road. Models will showcase the latest swimwear fashion. Tickets are $10 in advance. varsitytheatre.com or (866) 777-8932.