- GARDEN FEST: 7:30 a.m., LSU AgCenter’s Botanic Gardens, 4560 Essen Lane. The festival will have samples of local food, live music and ice cream from the LSU AgCenter’s Dairy Store. Admission is $10 for adults, $5 for youth, ages 4 to 20, and free for ages 3 and younger. To RSVP, visit the event’s Facebook page. (225) 763-3990.
- RED STICK FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Main Street Market, 501 Main St. Local farmers and artisans will be available with fruits, vegetables, beef, poultry, eggs, dairy products, baked goods, flowers, plants, wines and more. Louisiana strawberries, root vegetables and greens will also be available.
- “WINNIE THE POOH KIDS:” 11 a.m., Manship Theatre, Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. The musical is based on A.A. Milne’s Winnie the Pooh stories. Tickets are $5. manshiptheatre.org or (225) 344-0334.
- PURE YOGA: 11 a.m., Sternberg Conference Room, Manship Theatre at the Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. Admission is $15. Pre-registration is required. Multiple class payment options are available. pureyogabr.com.
- JUNETEENTH ROOTS AND HERITAGE FESTIVAL: Noon, Odell S. Williams Now and Then African-American History Museum, 538 South Blvd. The event will feature the Guiness Book of World Records’ largest toothpick alligator, an essay contest, horseback riding, live music by the John Gray Trio and more. (225) 343-4431.
- PLANT SMART SEMINAR: 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., LSU Hilltop Arboretum, 11855 Highland Road. Topics include “Louisiana Native Grasses for Urban Landscape Applications” by Marc Pastorek and Scott Courtright, “Artichoke Gall on Live Oaks” and “Are Your Trees Ready for Storm Season.” batonrougegreen.com.
- “MUSICAL COMEDY MURDERS OF 1940” AUDITIONS: 3 p.m. to 6 p.m., Independence Park Theatre, 7800 Independence Blvd. Casting roles are for ages 18 and older. No acting experience required. Participants will read from script for audition. (225) 216-0660.