- NEIGHBORHOOD ARTS PROJECT: 10 a.m., Leo S. Butler Community Center, 950 E. Washington St. The project gives people the opportunity to make art in their neighborhoods with pop-up tents. (225) 389-7207 or lsumoa.org.
- GOOD VIBRATIONS: 10 a.m., East Baton Rouge Parish Library River Center Branch, 120 St. Louis St. The science program explores how sounds are created, the history of musical instruments and more. Registration is required for groups. (225) 389-4959.
- CASA VOLUNTEER ORIENTATION: Noon, Capital Area CASA, 848 Louisiana Ave. Volunteers for Court Appointed Special Advocates help abused or neglected children find safe and permanent homes. Learn how to become a volunteer at an orientation session. (225) 379-8595 or casabr.org.
- LEARN TO BUDGET: 2:30 p.m., East Baton Rouge Parish Eden Park Branch, 5131 Greenwell Springs Road. Patrons can learn how to better manage their finances using a free software program called Mint.com. (225) 231-3250.
- HOT SUMMER NIGHTS AND COOL JAZZ: 7:30 p.m., School of Music Recital Hall, LSU campus. The concert series’ next show will be a tribute to Julian “Cannonball” Adderley. It will feature Wess “Warmdaddy” Anderson and the Hot Summer Nights Quartet, which includes Brian Shaw, trumpet; Bill Grimes, bass; Troy Davis, drums; and Willis Delony, piano. Tickets are $25. (225) 578-5128.
- “ANNIE”: 7:30 p.m., Theatre Baton Rouge, 7155 Florida Blvd. Come see little orphan Annie on stage. Tickets are $28 for individuals, $25 for group members and $16 for students in advance. (225) 924-6496 or theatrebr.org.
- SPOOF NIGHT WITH “KARATE KID”: 7:30 p.m., Manship Theatre, Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. Family Dinner Comedy Troupe will spoof “Karate Kid” during its showing with commentary and skits. The comedy show is Rated R. Tickets are $11. (225) 334-0334 or manshiptheatre.org.