- NEIGHBORHOOD ARTS PROJECT: 10 a.m. to noon, Mount Pilgrim Baptist Church, 9450 Scenic Highway. The LSU Museum of Art will provide creative art-making projects for all ages. (225) 389-7200.
- MOMMY & ME (AND DADDY TOO): 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Mall of Louisiana food court, 6401 Bluebonnet Blvd. Families can enjoy games, prizes and more. (225) 761-7228.
- BATON ROUGE PRESS CLUB: 11:30 a.m., Iberville Room, Belle of Baton Rouge Hotel, 102 France St. Sen. David Vitter will discuss his candidacy for governor, policies, a highway bill and more. Lunch, which is served at 11:30 a.m., is $12 for members and $15 for nonmembers. The public is invited, but only members of the Press Club and the news media are allowed to ask questions.
- ALZHEIMER’S CAREGIVERS SUPPORT MEETING: 1 p.m., Jones Creek Regional Branch Library, 6222 Jones Creek Road. Family and friends can share experiences and learn how to cope with Alzheimer’s or dementia. (225) 756-1150.
- HISET READING PREPARATION: 3:30 p.m., Eden Park Branch Library, 5131 Greenwell Springs Road. Use GED resources to prepare for the exam. (225) 231-3250.
- PURE YOGA: 5:30 p.m., Sternberg Conference Room, Manship Theatre at the Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. Admission is $15. Preregistration is required. Multiple class payment options are available. www.pureyogabr.com.
- THE FICTION WRITERS’ WORKSHOP: 7 p.m., Greenwell Springs Road Regional Branch Library, 11300 Greenwell Springs Road.