Unoccupied home burns on Woodbine Street

Fire spread from the carport storage area into the kitchen and attic of an unoccupied home at 9525 Woodbine Street before being extinguished late Monday, the Baton Rouge Fire Department announced.

Firefighters responded at 10:26 p.m. and had the blaze under control by 10:42 p.m., according to a press release.

“The house was furnished and did have power, but no one was living there at the time of the fire,” department spokesman Curt Monte said.

Damage from fire, heat and smoke was estimated at $80,000 to the $150,000 house, plus another $20,000 for contents.

More Stories