May 29, 2014 13:59 Teen indicted in fatal shooting at Baker Civic Club Teen indicted in fatal shooting at Baker Civic Club Advocate file photo by HEATHER MCCLELLAND -- Nakeydran Williams, 16, accused of fatally shooting three teens at the Baker Civic Club. Williams was indicted on three counts of second-degree murder. Teen likely to be tried as adult in 3 deaths Joe gyan jr.| email@example.com May 29, 2014 Comments A Baton Rouge boy who turned 16 just five days before a March 28 triple slaying at the Baker Civic Club was indicted Wednesday on second-degree murder counts in the deaths of two 15-year-olds and an 18-year-old who were attending a birthday party and rap concert. Nakeydran Williams, known to his friends as “Scrappy,” also was charged by an East Baton Rouge Parish grand jury with one count of attempted second-degree murder in the shooting and wounding of a 19-year-old inside the facility. The grand jury also indicted a 24-year-old Baton Rouge man who testified last month in East Baton Rouge Parish Juvenile Court that he fired two shots into the ground outside the Baker Civic Club that night to disperse the crowd in the chaotic aftermath of the shooting. Donnie Cavalier, 8811 Edwin St., has said he was helping to provide security for the event. Marcell Franklin and Kendal Dorsey, both 15, and Diontrey Claiborne, 18, were killed in the club. Each was shot in the head. Javaughn Simmons, 19, suffered a gunshot to the jaw but survived. Dorsey’s mother, Nakesha Dorsey, declined to comment on Williams’ indictment. Dedrick Moore, one of two local lawyers representing the Franklin and Simmons families, said the families would have something to say in the coming days. “This defendant is facing prosecution as an adult, although he is a juvenile, because of his violent behavior and for protection of the public,” East Baton Rouge Parish District Attorney Hillar Moore III said. “Hopefully, this will at least start the healing process for the victims’ families and our community.” Williams’ indictment came on the heels of Juvenile Court Judge Kathleen Richey’s April 14 ruling that prosecutors can try the teen as an adult. Williams, 2522 Desoto Drive, could be sentenced to life in prison without parole if found guilty of second-degree murder. If Williams had been indicted on first-degree murder charges, prosecutors would not have been able to pursue the death penalty because of his age. Cavalier faces up to two years in prison if convicted as charged. Cavalier’s indictment alleges he “intentionally discharged a firearm in a place where it was foreseeable that it might have resulted in death or great bodily harm to a human being.” Moore said Williams is accused in the murder of “three innocent victims.” Assistant District Attorney Curtis Nelson Jr. told Richey last month that Franklin, Dorsey and Claiborne were “innocent bystanders” and that Simmons was the intended target. Police and sheriff’s detectives testified at the April 14 hearing in Juvenile Court that three witnesses, including Williams’ 15-year-old girlfriend, identified him as the shooter inside the crowded birthday party and rap concert. But the girl, identified in court only by her initials J.H. because she is a juvenile, testified she identified her boyfriend only because she was pressured by detectives. The detectives denied coercing the girl and said it was she who contacted authorities.