- RED STICK FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m. to noon, Main Street, Downtown. Local produce and foods will be available along with face painting and live music by New Horizon.
- GEAUX HEALTH AND FITNESS: 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., Galvez Plaza, North Boulevard Town Square, Downtown. The class is free.
- JUNIOR CHEF FRESH SALSA: 9:30 a.m., Williams-Sonoma, Mall of Louisiana, 6401 Bluebonnet Blvd. Ages 8 and older can learn how to dice and chop vegetables and fruits to make salsa. Reservations are encouraged. (225) 757-0016.
- START YOUR BUSINESS ALREADY! AN ENTREPRENEURSHIP DISCUSSION: 10 a.m., Jones Creek Regional Branch Library, 6222 Jones Creek Road. A book signing will follow the discussion by Monique Moliere Piper. (225) 756-1150.
- PURE YOGA: 11 a.m., Sternberg Conference Room, Manship Theatre at the Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. Admission is $15. Pre-registration is required. Multiple class payment options are available. www.pureyogabr.com.
- EMS AND MILITARY APPRECIATION DAY: Noon to 3 p.m., Cortana Mall, 9401 Cortana Place. The military and fire department will be represented. A bounce house will also be available and more. All donations and income from vendors will benefit the Wounded Warrior Project. (225) 927-6747.
- LUCKY 7 REVOLUTION DANCE COMPANY: 2 p.m. and 6 p.m., Manship Theatre, Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. Admission is $12. www.manshiptheatre.org.
- STEP OFF: 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., Manship Theatre, Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. The New Venture Theatre production is about a step competition against two rival sororities. Tickets are $20. www.newventuretheatre.com.
- WRITER’S CLUB: 3:30 p.m., Eden Park Branch Library, 5131 Greenwell Springs Road. Discuss editing, proofreading, writer’s block and more. (225) 231-3250.