- DOWNTOWN DEVELOPMENT DISTRICT: 8 a.m., Lyceum Ballroom, 124 Third St. The meeting will focus on projects such as the Riverfront Plaza improvements and the North Boulevard Town Square phase II.
- PEOPLE’S HEALTH SALSA: 9 a.m. registration, 9:30 a.m. class, YMCA A.C. Lewis, 350 S. Foster Drive. Learn the fundamentals of footwork and rhythm. A partner is not required. Call (800) 561-4127.
- VOTER REGISTRATION DRIVE: 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., Carver Branch Library, 720 Terrace St., and 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., Main Library, 7711 Goodwood Blvd. Register to vote. Call (225) 389-3940.
- ZUMBA IN THE LAWN: 5 p.m., North Boulevard Town Square. The YMCA will host the free exercise class.
- DISCUSSION PANEL FOR SPECIAL NEEDS TRUST: 6 p.m., Main Library, 7711 Goodwood Blvd. Learn how to setup a trust for a child with special needs. Call (225) 231-3740.
- TUTORING: 6 p.m. to 7 p.m., Broadmoor Presbyterian Church’s Naylor Building, 9340 Florida Blvd. Qualified tutors provide free one-on-one tutoring for middle and high school students. Students and accompanying adults should arrive 10 minutes early to register. Call (225) 924-4271.
- HATESHIP LOVESHIP: 7 p.m., Manship Theatre, Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. The film is about a teenage girl who orchestrates romance. Admission is $9.50. www.manshiptheatre.org.
- ECLECTIC TRUTH OPEN MIC & POETRY SLAM: 7 p.m. to 10 p.m., Le Bon Temps Bar & Grill, 8342 Perkins Road. Admission is $7 for the spoken word event. The feature will be the Louisiana poet-laureate, Ava Leavell Haymon.