- WIDENING PROJECT: 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., Central Middle School, 12656 Sullivan Road, Central. The meeting will be held in the cafeteria.
- BRAABJ SCHOLARSHIP LUNCHEON: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Boudreaux’s, 2647 Government St. Reporter Isiah Carey will be the guest speaker for the Baton Rouge Area Association of Black Journalists luncheon. Scholarships will be awarded to LSU and Southern University journalism students. Tickets are $25. (225) 229-1906 or www.brareabj.org.
- WRITER’S WORKSHOP: 1:30 p.m., Broadmoor Baptist Church, 9755 Goodwood Blvd. The workshop aims to provide tips, open discussions and opportunities to share writings about family history.
- ZUMBA IN THE LAWN: 5 p.m. to 6 p.m., North Boulevard Town Square, downtown. The YMCA will host the class. www.townsquarebr.org.
- WORLD OF EGYPTOLOGY: 5:30 p.m., Louisiana Art and Science Museum, 100 River Road S. Dr. Aidan Dodson, senior research fellow in archaeology at the University of Bristol in the United Kingdom, will discuss early discoveries and history of Egyptology. Admission is free. www.lasm.org.
- UNDERSTANDING YOUR CREDIT FINANCIAL SEMINAR: 6 p.m., Greenwell Springs Road Regional Branch, 11300 Greenwell Springs Road. (225) 274-4440.
- TUTORING: 6 p.m. to 7 p.m., Broadmoor Presbyterian Church’s Naylor Building, 9340 Florida Blvd. Qualified tutors provide free one-on-one tutoring for middle and high school students. Students and accompanying adults should arrive 10 minutes early to register. (225) 924-4271.
- TRAFFICKING HOPE COMMUNITY NIGHT: 6:30 p.m., St. Joseph’s Academy, 3015 Broussard St. Learn about human trafficking and law enforcement efforts. (225) 388-2336.
- ST. JOSEPH’S ACADEMY SPRING CONCERT: 6:30 p.m., Manship Theatre, Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. Students will perform classical, contemporary and jazz dances. Admission is $8. www.manshiptheatre.org.
- ECLECTIC TRUTH OPEN MIC & POETRY SLAM: 7 p.m. to 10 p.m., Le Bon Temps Bar & Grill, 8342 Perkins Road. Admission is $7 for the spoken word event.