- PEOPLES HEALTH LIGHT AND LOW: 8:30 a.m. registration and 9 a.m. class, YMCA C.B. Pennington, 15550 Old Hammond Highway. The low-impact workout is for cardiovascular conditioning, muscular endurance and overall toning. Class is free. Call (800) 561-4127.
- PEOPLES HEALTH COPD OVERVIEW: 11 a.m. registration, noon lecture, Family Health Center, 3801 North Blvd. Learn about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and treatment options. Lecture and screenings are free. Call (800) 561-4127.
- BATON ROUGE PRESS CLUB: 11:30 a.m., Iberville Room, Belle of Baton Rouge Hotel, 102 France St. Monty Sullivan, president of the Louisiana Community and Technical College System, will discuss his vision and the importance of higher education for industry and communities. Lunch, which is served at 11:30 a.m., is $12 for members and $15 for nonmembers. The public is invited, but only members of the Press Club and the news media are allowed to ask questions.
- ALZHEIMER’S CAREGIVERS SUPPORT MEETING: 1 p.m., Jones Creek Regional Branch Library, 6222 Jones Creek Road. Call (225) 756-1150.
- PURE YOGA: 5:30 p.m., Sternberg Conference Room, Manship Theatre at the Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. Admission is $15. Preregistration is required. Multiple class payment options are available. www.pureyogabr.com.
- ARGENTINE TANGO LESSONS AND DANCING: 6:30 p.m. to 10 p.m., Manship Theatre, Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. Learn the fundamentals of tango for free. An intermediate lesson will follow for $5. Open dancing and practice will be from 8:15 p.m. to 9:45 p.m.