- BLOOD DRIVE: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Tower Drive, LSU campus. The blood drive will be held close to Free Speech Plaza. (225) 578-5718.
- PEOPLES HEALTH OVERCOMING DEPRESSION: 11 a.m. registration, noon lecture, Lake House Reception Center, 12323 Old Hammond Highway. Learn how to recognize the symptoms and understand the risk factors of depression. (800) 561-4127.
- ARTSFEST “BLOOD WEDDING”: 6 p.m., Baton Rouge Community College, 201 Community College Drive. The theme for the sixth annual event is “Community.” It will feature a variety of artistic disciplines. Another performance will be at 7:30 p.m. Admission is free. www.mybrcc.edu.
- LSU A CAPPELLA CHOIR: 7:30 p.m., First Baptist Church, 529 Convention St.
- DECENTRALIZED ARTS FUNDING WORKSHOP: 9 a.m., Arts Council of Greater Baton Rouge, 427 Laurel St. The workshop will teach grant writers how to apply for funding to support and develop arts and culture programs. Nonprofit organizations, government agencies, schools, universities and libraries are all eligible to apply for programs in dance, design, folklife, literature, media, music, theatre and visual arts. Call (225) 344-8558.