- SPRING CAR SHOW: 9 a.m. to noon, John M. Parker Coliseum, Highland Road, LSU campus. The car show will take place next to the coliseum. All models and years are welcome. Registration is $25. Proceeds benefit the Greater Baton Rouge Food Bank.
- SPRING GARDEN SHOW: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., John M. Parker Coliseum, Highland Road, LSU campus. The 12th annual show will include plants for sale and patio-related products.
- CHILI COOK-OFF: 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., John M. Parker Coliseum, Highland Road, LSU campus. The eighth annual Louisiana State and Regional Chili Cook-Off will include entertainment and food. Proceeds will benefit Our Lady of the Lake Children’s Hospital. (225) 806-9306 or www.louisi anachilicookoff.com.
- “YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN”: 2 p.m., Theatre Baton Rouge, 7155 Florida Blvd. The musical comedy is about the Frankenstein legend. Tickets range from $14-$28. (225) 924-6496 or www.theatrebr.org.
- “SPILL”: 2 p.m., Reilly Theatre, LSU campus. The play is about the aftermath of the Deepwater Horizon/BP oil spill. Tickets are $28 for the general public, $19 for senior/faculty/staff and $15 for students. (225) 578-3527 or www.swinepalace.org.
- SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY CONCERT CHOIR: 4 p.m., First United Methodist Church, 930 North Blvd. Admission is free. Donations will benefit the SU Music Scholarship Fund.
- “LES 4 SOLDATS”: 6:30 p.m., Manship Theatre, Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. The film follows the lives of four soldiers, ages 13 to 20. Admission is $5. www.manshiptheatre.org.
- “HELLO, DOLLY”: 7:30 p.m., LSU Student Union Theater, LSU campus. The production will star Sally Struthers. (225) 578-5128 or www.uniontheater.lsu.edu.