- CAJUN CLASSIC WHEELCHAIR TENNIS TOURNAMENT: 8 a.m., Paula G. Manship YMCA, 8100 YMCA Plaza Drive. Admission to the tournament is free. The games last through the evening until matches are completed.
- BOOK BAZAAR: 9 a.m.-7 p.m., 4-H Mini Barn and Nelson Memorial buildings, LSU campus. The sale will include books in various forms and sizes. The average price is less than $10 and some books are less than $1. Admission is free and parking is available. (225) 578-5925.
- “USE OF AQUATIC PLANTS AND ORGANISMS FOR ENVIRONMENTAL CLEANUP AND BIOFUELS”: 11 a.m., Health Research Center, LSU campus. Dr. Chandra Theegal, of LSU’s Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering, will speak in room 132 in Lee Hall.
- ZFEST: 5-10 p.m., 20101 Old Scenic Highway, Zachary. The festival will include art, music, BREC’s Children’s Village and more. The Zachary High School Color Guard will present the colors at 5:30 p.m., the community appreciation crawfish boil will be from 6-9 p.m., and Rockin Dopsie & The Zydeco Twisters Band will perform from 7-10 p.m. Entrance to the festival is free. Prices for carnival rides and games is $25. www.zfest.us.
- BREC’S CENTRAL SPORTS PARK OPENING: 5:15 p.m., 10501 Lovett Road. The Central Area Youth League will kick off the spring baseball tournament.
- “PEPITO’S STORY-DEBBIE ALLEN DANCE RESIDENCY”: 7 p.m., Manship Theatre, Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. The performance is about the title character, who follows his dream to dance. Admission is $20. www.manshiptheatre.org.
- “YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN”: 7:30 p.m., Theatre Baton Rouge, 7155 Florida Blvd. The musical comedy is based on Mel Brooks’ take on the Frankenstein legend. Tickets range from $14-$28. (225) 924-6496 or www.theatre br.org.
- “SPILL”: 7:30 p.m., Reilly Theatre, LSU campus. The play is about the aftermath of the Deepwater Horizon/BP oil spill. Tickets are $28 for the general public, $19 for seniors/faculty/staff, and $15 for students. (225) 578-3527 or www.swinepalace.org.