- LDAF SHADE TREE SALE: 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Louisiana Department of Agriculture and Forestry Office, 5825 Florida Blvd. LDAF will hold its annual shade tree sale. (225) 925-4500.
- OUR QUILTED PAST: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Old State Capitol, 100 North Blvd. View an exhibit of quilts made from feed and flour sacks between 1925 and 1955. www.louisianaoldstatecapitol.org.
- BATON ROUGE PRESS CLUB: 11:30 a.m., Iberville Room, Belle of Baton Rouge Hotel, 102 France St. Margaret Ambrose, chair of Southern University’s Centennial Committee, will discuss Southern University’s heritage and the celebration of 100 years that will be held on Scott’s Bluff. Lunch, which is served at 11:30 a.m., is $12 for members and $15 for nonmembers. The public is invited, but only members of the Press Club and the news media are allowed to ask questions.
- PEOPLES HEALTH HEALTHY COOKING DEMONSTRATION: 11:30 a.m. registration, noon demonstration, PARDS, 30372 Eden Church Road, Denham Springs. Learn how to cook Louisiana skillet pork with wild rice and mushrooms. 1-800-561-4127.
- AFRICAN-AMERICAN ACHIEVEMENTS: 6 p.m., Scotlandville Branch Library, 7373 Scenic Highway. The founder and curator of the Odell S. Williams Now & Then Museum of African-American History, Sadie Roberts-Joseph, will discuss contributions of African-Americans. (225) 354-7550.
- WEB DESIGN FOR BEGINNERS: 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Mirror of Grace Outreach, 921 N. Lobdell Blvd., Suite E. Learn how to build and maintain a website. The class is free. Preregistration is required. (225) 300-4528 or www.mirrorofgrace.org.
- OSCAR-NOMINATED SHORT LIVE ACTION: 7 p.m., Manship Theatre, Shaw Center for the Arts. Tickets are $8.50. www.manshiptheatre.org.
- SAXOPHONE RECITAL: 7:30 p.m., School of Music Building, LSU campus. Admission is $10 for the general public and $5 for faculty/staff/students/seniors.