- METRO COUNCIL: 4 p.m., City Hall, 222 St. Louis St. brgov.com/dept/council.
- BATON ROUGE MAGIC CLUB: 6 p.m., The Londoner, 4215 S. Sherwood Forest Blvd. The club will hold its monthly meeting. Call (225) 978-3740.
- HAND QUILTING FOR BEGINNERS: 6 p.m., Central Branch Library, 11260 Joor Road. Learn the basics of hand quilting. Call (225) 262-2650.
- MICROSOFT POWERPOINT: 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Mirror of Grace Outreach, 921 N. Lobdell Blvd. Suite E. The class is free. Pre-registration is required. Call (225) 300-4528.
- FORENSIC PSYCHOLOGY: 6:30 p.m., Jones Creek Regional Branch Library, 6222 Jones Creek Road. Dr. Thomas J. Hannie Jr. will discuss the joining of psychology and law when it comes to criminal and civil matters.
- FIRST YOU MAKE A ROUX: 7 p.m., Jones Creek Regional Branch Library, 6222 Jones Creek Road. Learn how to make gumbo. Call (225) 756-1150.
- “STICK FLY:” 7:30 p.m., Shaver Theatre, LSU campus. The play focuses on racial, class and family on tension during a weekend visit at the LeVay family home. Admission is pay what you can. Call (225) 578-3527 or theatre.lsu.edu.
- BASSOONIST PER HANNEVOLD: 7:30 p.m., School of Music Recital Hall, LSU campus. Per Hannevold, principle bassoonist for the Bergen Philharmonic Orchestra in Norway, will perform. Tickets are $10 for the general public and $5 for faculty/staff/students/seniors. Call (225) 578-5128.
- RIVER NORTH DANCE CHICAGO: 8 p.m., Manship Theatre, Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. The jazz-based contemporary company will perform. Tickets are $20, $30 or $45. manshiptheatre.org or (225) 344-0334.