- DDD COMMISSION: 8 a.m., Capitol Park Museum, 660 N. Fourth St. The Downtown Development District Commission will meet to discuss projects. downtownbatonrouge.org.
- CASA VOLUNTEER ORIENTATION: Noon, Capital Area CASA, 848 Louisiana Ave. Call (225) 379-8598 or casabr.org.
- ANTI-VALENTINE’S DAY: 4 p.m., Main Library, 7711 Goodwood Blvd. Teens will do various activities to “celebrate” Valentine’s Day. Call (225) 231-3770.
- TUTORING: 6 p.m. to 7 p.m., Broadmoor Presbyterian Church’s Naylor Building, 9340 Florida Blvd. Qualified tutors provide free one-on-one tutoring for middle and high school students. Call (225) 924-4271.
- THE ARTIST’S WAY: 6 p.m., Bluebonnet Regional Branch Library, 9200 Bluebonnet Blvd. The 13-week program follows Julia Cameron’s bestselling book, “The Artist’s Way,” and helps patrons rediscover their creativity. Call (225) 381-8434.
- BERGSMA TRIO: 7:30 p.m., LSU School of Music Recital Hall, LSU campus. The horn trio will perform. Tickets are $10 for general admission and $5 for faculty/staff/students/seniors. Call (225) 578-5128.
- “JAMES BROWN — GET ON THE GOOD FOOT”: 8 p.m., Baton Rouge Community College, Magnolia Library, 201 Community College Drive. Apollo Theater, of Harlem, N.Y., and Baton Rouge Community College present a dance celebration in honor of James Brown. mybrcc.edu.