- RED STICK FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m. to noon, Main Street Market, 501 Main St. Local farmers and artisans will be available with fruits, vegetables, Angus beef, poultry, eggs, dairy products, baked goods, flowers, plants, wines and more.
- DISCOVER VETERINARY MEDICINE: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., LSU School of Veterinary Medicine, LSU campus. The 32nd annual open house will allow visitors to learn about veterinary medicine. Event is free. www.vetmed.lsu.edu.
- SCHOOL FAIR: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., S.E. Mackey Center, 6534 Ford St. The Black Alliance for Educational Options fair will provide opportunity to learn about schools in the community and the Common Core program. Free food, activities for kids and giveaways will also available. www.baeo.org.
- NATIONAL BLACK HIV/AIDS AWARENESS DAY: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Southern University Seymour Gym, SU campus. The free event will include a basketball game, testing, performances, unity dancers, music and more.
- ANNUAL CAMELLIA SHOW: 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., LSU Rural Life Museum, 4560 Essen Lane. Admission is free.
- SIGNPOST TO FREEDOM: 4 p.m., Carver Branch Library, 720 Terrace St. The LSU Libraries will provide a documentary about civil rights. (225) 389-7450.
- “SHOUT”: 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., Manship Theatre, Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. The New Venture Theatre production celebrates the good news of the gospel with the musical. Rated G. Tickets are $25. (225) 588-7576 or www.newventuretheatre.com.