- FREE FIRST SUNDAY: 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., Louisiana Art & Science Museum, 100 River Road South; 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., LSU Museum of Art, 100 Lafayette St. The museums have free admission on the first Sunday of each month. lasm.org or lsumoa.org.
- HAVE A HEART DAY: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., USS Kidd Veterans Memorial, 305 South River Road. The event will include a blood drive, blood pressure checks, activities for kids, movies, art projects, coloring stations, giveaways and more. Admission to the museum and ship tours will be free. (225) 342-1942 or usskidd.com.
- KICK IT OUT!: 2 p.m., Manship Theatre, Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. Of Moving Colors will premier its 3rd annual “Kick It Out” dance performance featuring young dancers and professionals. Tickets are $12, $23.50 or $35. manshiptheatre.org.
- “THE WOMEN”: 2 p.m., Theatre Baton Rouge, 7155 Florida Blvd. The play follows New York high society wives during the height of the Great Depression. Tickets are $25 for individuals, $22 for groups and $15 for students in advance. (225) 924-6496 or theatrebr.org.
- DOUBLE BASS RECITAL: 3 p.m., School of Music Recital hall, LSU campus. Milton Masciadri, professor of double bass at the University of Georgia, will perform. Tickets are $10 for general admission and $5 for LSU faculty/staff/students/seniors. (225) 578-5128.