- BRIDAL SHOW: 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., Baton Rouge River Center, 275 South River Road. Meet florists, cake designers, caterers, stationary artisans, decorators, photographers, videographers, entertainers, hair and makeup artists and more. Tickets are $15.
- “STUART LITTLE”: 2 p.m., Manship Theatre, Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. The classic play is about a mouse named Stuart and his life as a member of the Little family. Tickets are $15. manshiptheatre.org.
- LOUISIANA SINFONIETTA FAMILY CONCERT: 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., LSU School of Music Recital Hall, corner of Dalrymple Drive and Infirmary Road, LSU campus. This year’s musical story is “The Penguin Parade,” a series of poems set to music. Admission is $15 for adults, $5 for students and free for those younger than 18. (225) 766-3487 or louisianasinfonietta.org.
- “THE WOMEN”: 2 p.m., Theatre Baton Rouge, 7155 Florida Blvd. The play is about New York high society wives during the height of the Great Depression. Tickets are $25 per person, $22 for group members and $15 for students. (225) 924-6496 or theatrebr.org.
- BEAD AND KNOTTED FIBER EXHIBIT RECEPTION: 3 p.m., LSU Human Ecology Building, corner of Tower and South Campus drives, LSU campus. Jane Olson-Phillips, who has worked with beads and fibers for 40 years and has a large collection of unusual beads, stones and fossils, will speak at the LSU Textile & Costume Museum’s exhibition opening reception. (225) 578-2281.
- UNAFRAID TO DREAM POETRY READING AND BOOK SIGNING: 3 p.m., Delmont Gardens Branch Library, 3351 Lorraine St. Sylvia Chatman, author of “Unafraid to Dream: Motivational Poems,” will present a selection of her poems and sign copies of her book. (225) 354-7050.
- SURREAL SALON SIX LECTURE: 4 p.m., Baton Rouge Gallery, 1515 Dalrymple Drive. Greg Escalante, co-founder of Juxtapoz Magazine and guest juror for the gallery’s “Surreal Salon Six” exhibition, will give a free and informal lecture on the exhibit. “Surreal Salon Six” is a national juried exhibition of pop-surrealist and lowbrow art from across the country. batonrougegallery.org.