- STALKING AWARENESS WORKSHOP: 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., LSU Women’s Center, 5 Union Square, Raphael Semmes Road. Representatives from law enforcement, the District Attorney’s Office and local service providers will speak at the free event.
- Red Stick Farmers Market: 8 a.m. to noon, Main Street Market, 501 Main St. Local farmers and artisans will be available with fruits, vegetables, Angus beef, poultry, eggs, dairy products, baked goods, flowers, plants, wines and more.
- COVER LETTERS FOR COLLEGE OR CAREER: 11 a.m., Fairwood Branch Library, 12910 Old Hammond Highway. Learn how to create a cover letter. (225) 924-9385.
- ORIGAMI FOR ADULTS: 2 p.m., Jones Creek Regional Branch Library, 6222 Jones Creek Road. Learn about the ancient art of paper folding from Kao-hwa Sze. (225) 756-1150.
- SQUIRT GUN WARRIORS: 8 p.m., Manship Theatre, Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. The group will perform their blend of ska, punk, indie and reggae. Tickets are $10. www.manshiptheatre.org.
- MIXED MARTIAL ARTS AT THE BELL: 8 p.m., The Atrium, Belle of Baton Rouge, 103 France St. Tickets are $25.