- CHAIR YOGA: 10 a.m., Eden Park Branch Library, 5131 Greenwell Springs Road. (225) 231-3250.
- CASA VOLUNTEER ORIENTATION: Noon, Capital Area CASA, 848 Louisiana Ave. Learn how to be a voice for an abused or neglected child as he or she awaits a safe and permanent home during this 45-minute orientation. (225) 379-8598.
- AFFORDABLE CARE ACT 101: 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., Scotlandville Branch Library, 7373 Scenic Highway. (225) 354-7580.
- SOMETHING OLD, SOMETHING NEW BRIDAL SHOW: 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., Old Governor’s Mansion, 502 North Blvd. Sample food from local caterers, sip on specialty martinis and watch a mock wedding. The show also will have prizes. Tickets $15 at the door or $10 in advance. To register, call (225) 387-2464.
- “THE ORDINARY EXTRAORDINARY JUNCO”: 6:15 p.m., Bluebonnet Swamp Nature Center, 10503 N. Lakeside Oaks Ave. The center will show the acclaimed movie about the popular birds, juncos. Admission is $3. braudubon.org.
- PUBLIC SAFETY MEETING: 6:30 p.m., Florida Boulevard Baptist Church, 10915 Florida Blvd. The Baton Rouge Police Community Services Division will host a free meeting on basic self-defense techniques and home security.
- MASTER GARDENER’S BASIC GARDENING SERIES: 6:30 p.m., Bluebonnet Regional Branch Library, 9200 Bluebonnet Blvd. Learn about micro-irrigating, growing fruit in the backyard, managing garden weeds and more. (225) 763-2250.
- SIERRA CLUB BIMONTHLY SPEAKER SERIES: 7 p.m., Bluebonnet Regional Branch Library, 9200 Bluebonnet Blvd. John Barry, former member of the Southeast Louisiana Flood Protection Authority, will discuss the authority’s lawsuit against oil companies for damage to the state’s wetlands. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. for refreshments. The Baton Rouge Group of the Sierra Club will host.
- BATON ROUGE SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA CONCERT: 7:30 p.m., Baton Rouge River Center, 275 S. River Road. The concert will feature Robert DiLutis on clarinet. Tickets are $35 to $45. brso.org or (225) 383-0500, ext. 100.