- BOOK CLUB: 11 a.m., Zachary Branch Library, 1900 Church St.
- WRITER’S WORKSHOP: 1:30 p.m., Broadmoor Baptist Church, 9755 Goodwood Blvd. Discuss writings with peers and learn strategies.
- GED READING PREPARATION: 4:30 p.m., Eden Park Branch Library, 5131 Greenwell Springs Road. Use the GED preparation resources to take practice exams. Registration is required. (225) 231-3250.
- JUMP START FORUM: 5 p.m., Baton Rouge Community College, 201 Community College Drive. John White, state superintendent of education, will discuss the Jump Start program that provides career courses and workplace experiences to high school students. The forum will be held in the Louisiana Board Room in the Louisiana Building on the campus. Live stream of the event will be available at www.livestream.com/ldoe.com.
- ALL ABOUT GLUTEN: 5 p.m., Whole Foods Market, 7529 Corporate Blvd. Lean about gluten, why some people avoid it, myths and more.
- THE ARTIST’S WAY WORKSHOP: 6 p.m., Bluebonnet Regional Branch Library, 9200 Bluebonnet Blvd. The workshop will discuss ways to find focus, rediscover creativity and more. (225) 381-8434.
- TUTORING: 6 p.m. to 7 p.m., Broadmoor Presbyterian Church’s Naylor Building, 9340 Florida Blvd. Qualified tutors provide free one-on-one tutoring for middle and high school students. Students and accompanying adults should arrive 10 minutes early to register. (225) 924-4271.
- EXCEL TRAINING PART ONE: 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Mirror of Grace Outreach, 921 N. Lobdell Blvd., Suite E. Class is free, but preregistration is required. (225) 300-4528 or www.mirrorofgrace.org.
- ERTH’S DINOSAUR ZOO LIVE: 7 p.m., Manship Theatre, Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. The theatrical presentation about paleontology will feature dinosaur puppets with sophisticated design and electronics. Tickets are $20. www.manshiptheatre.org.