- RED STICK FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m. to noon, Main Street Market, 501 Main St. Local farmers and artisans will be available with fruits, vegetables, Angus beef, poultry, eggs, dairy products, baked goods, flowers, plants, wines and more.
- ARBOR DAY: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., LSU AgCenter Botanic Gardens, 4560 Essen Lane. Learn about threes and their uses through family tree planting, a scavenger hunt, storytime, lumber jack demonstrations, children’s tree climbing, a visit by Smokey Bear, a bonfire, hayrides and more. Fee is $5 per adult and free for children 3 and younger. (225) 763-3990 or www.discoverburden.com.
- TRAIN AT THE CREEK: 10 a.m., Jones Creek Regional Branch Library, 6222 Jones Creek Road. Watch presentations of model trains. (225) 756-1150.
- RUBBER BAND BRACELETS: 2:30 p.m., Bluebonnet Regional Branch Library, 9200 Bluebonnet Blvd. Teens can make colorful rubber band bracelets. (225) 763-2270.
- LINCOLN THEATRE ANNIVERSARY: 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church, 185 Eddie Robinson Sr Drive . The event will celebrate the theatre’s 65th year and will feature an original anniversary painting of the theatre and the documentary, “4-South: The First Black Nurses of Baton Rouge General Hospital.” Admission is free, but RSVP is requested for proper seating. (225) 270-1741.