- EAST BATON ROUGE PARISH LIBRARY BOARD OF CONTROL: 4 p.m., BREC Administrative Building, 6201 Florida Blvd. Call (225) 231-3700.
- EAST BATON ROUGE PARISH SCHOOL BOARD: 5 p.m., Central Office board room, 1050 S. Foster Drive.
- HUMAN TRAFFICKING TALK: 10 a.m., Baton Rouge Garden Center, 7950 Independence Blvd. Laura Domingue, founder of Trafficking Hope of Baton Rouge, will talk on how to help stop human trafficking. Baton Rouge Aglow, the local chapter of Aglow International, will host. Call (225) 752-5544.
- MINDFUL MEDITATION: 10 a.m., Eden Park Branch Library, 5131 Greenwell Springs Road. Learn the art of meditation to help relieve stress and provide mental clarity, focus and biofeedback. Call (225) 231-3250.
- TO BE OR NOT TO BE — CITY OF ST. GEORGE: 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Audubon Room, Drusilla Place Restaurant, 3482 Drusilla Lane. Leaders With Vision, a nonpartisan public policy group, will hold a public forum on the proposal to incoorporate the new city of St. George in East Baton Rouge Parish. The forum will give people a chance to listen to outside researchers and ask questions. To reserve a seat, visit lwvision.org.
- IMAGINE YOUR PARKS: 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., BREC’s Independence Community Park Theatre, 7800 Independence Blvd. The public meeting, “Imagine Your Parks 2: Better Parks-Better Living,” will provide an outlet for the community to brainstorm on ways to improve BREC parks. Call (225) 273-6439 or brec.org.
- MUSEUM AFTER DARK — TRICK MY STILETTOS: 6 p.m., LSU Museum of Art, fifth floor of Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. Patrons will decorate stilettos brought from home using Rashaad Newsome’s artwork as inspiration. The craft is for ages 21 and up and includes fashionable drinks. Tickets are $20 for museum members and $30 for guests. Call (225) 389-7207.
- SMOOTHIES: 6 p.m., Carver Branch Library, 720 Terrace St. Learn about drinking smoothies as a meal option. Call (225) 389-7450.
- TUTORING: 6 p.m. to 7 p.m., Broadmoor Presbyterian Church’s Naylor Building, 9340 Florida Blvd. Qualified tutors provide free one-on-one tutoring for middle and high school students. Students and accompanying adults should arrive 10 minutes early to register. Call (225) 924-4271.
- “IN THE SHADOW”: 7 p.m., Manship Theatre, Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. The Baton Rouge Jewish Film Festival will continue with “In the Shadow,” a noir-style drama set in 1950s communist Czechoslovakia. Tickets are $10. manshiptheatre.org.
- FINANCIAL CHECKUP: 7 p.m., Jones Creek Regional Branch Library, 6222 Jones Creek Road. Learn about money management. Call (225) 756-1150.